PDA

View Full Version : hot air balloons

the kid
01-02-2008, 05:37 PM
ive seen some where that disney do hot air balloon rides over the parks at wdw is this true if so where can i book?:mickey:

DisneyTwinsMommy
01-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I think it's only available if you win a dream... how cool would it be to do that!!! :mickey::cloud9::mickey:

mickey&missy
01-02-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm also pretty sure thats a dream you can win. It really would be cool! Imagine the view!!!

chrisb26
01-02-2008, 08:00 PM
I've never heard of booking a Hot Air Balloon tour over WDW nor have I ever seen a Hot Air Balloon flying over WDW. However I do know they have a Spaceship Earth looking balloon that they will have tours or something for people that win it as part of the Year of A Million Dreams.

TheRustyScupper
01-03-2008, 01:29 PM
1) There are several balloon companies that tour WDW.
2) They launch in the early AM and end by about 11:00am.
3) This is due to temperatures and rules of physics governing LTA aircraft.

NOTE: The "no fly rule" over Disney only extends to 3,000 feet. Above that LTA and HTA aircraft may fly. Flights lower than 3,000 feet require FAA approval. Of course, WDW officials arriving in helicopters have unlimited access.

peemagg
01-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Most hot air flights are done between the hours of 6 am and 9 am due to the rising temperatures of the day and the air currents as the earth warms. Those rides that you can win are also tethered rides. They will only allow you to go up so high then they will bring you back down. Totally under their control at all times.

I wish that the flights were not tethered. I would be all for that one.

DisneyJen26
01-04-2008, 12:49 PM
When we were there the last week of November I was sitting on the balcony at Saratoga Springs in the early morning and I saw a couple of hot air balloons taking off.