PDA

View Full Version : dSLR Camera owners

LauraSAnne
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I just got my first dSLR which I plan on taking to Disney with me later this month. I've purchased a nice camera sling bag so I can carry it around with me all week, but then I started to wonder if I should not take it on rides with me...more specifically, the rougher rides.

What are your thoughts? I don't want to ruin the internals of the camera by taking it on rough rides, or should I not be concerned about it? I'm leaning more towards "not a good idea".

Polynesian Dweller
01-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Won't be a problem at all. We take dSLR's, film SLR's, a large digital and other cameras all the time. The containers/netting that are provided on the rides are fine and hold the largest camera easily. The cameras are made to take a pretty good drop and the forces on the rides don't come close to matching that.

Actually, on rides like EE, RnR, etc. the centrifical forces actual keep things pretty much steadily in place and they don't rattle around very much (not at all really). Just make sure the camera is completely in the netting and it will be fine. :mickey:

PlutoToo
01-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I've taken my SLR on all the rides. The only problem I've ever had is on Space Mountain, the forces opened the battery cover. I put the batteries back in, closed the cover and resumed taking pics. No damage to the camera at all. Have a ball taking pics.

LauraSAnne
01-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Sweet! Good to know! :thumbsup:

alongfortheride
01-05-2008, 01:58 AM
I just wedge my bag between my legs on the rides...no problems so far.

kristnjohn
01-05-2008, 10:22 AM
OMG....Definitely take your camera with you, it would be a shame not to have great pictures with your nice camera of your trip. Most of the rides aren't a problem at all as you'll be able to hold the camera if you chose to, and as mentioned before, the "tougher" rides usually have good netting that doesn't allow for many things to move around. We've always taken camera's with us on the rides and haven't lost one yet.

princessjojo
01-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Take it!!! We took our on our last trip and had great pictures. It handled some of the rides better than DH did actually. It's better to have it, than wish you had brought it for the entire trip. You will have a great time taking pictures with it, some you couldn't have gotten so well without it.