PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Hollywood Studios TS Eatery

KAT1811
01-02-2008, 12:39 PM
On to the Hollywood Studios table service eateries. I am also interested in hearing why each of you chose your particular favorite and maybe what some of your favorite menu items are.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2008, 02:26 PM
I loved the theming at Sci Fi although the food wasn't greatest it was still decent...I had a steak sandwich, but the chili was better, very good sundaes...My sister had pasta she said it was okay...I went with a party of 8 to Mama Melrose's and nobody really liked their meal....we'll try Hollywood and Vine next trip but haven't eaten there yet.

Hayden's Dad
01-02-2008, 02:34 PM
We love the Sci Fi you just can't beat the themeing especially when your host is wearing roller skates. :thumbsup:

elizabeth turner
01-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Love 50's Prime Time for lunch and dinner. Great atmosphere and "down home" food. If you get a good server that makes it even better. The peanut butter and jelly milkshake's are fabulous! I have tried the grilled salmon and chicken at dinner and the stacked sandwich for lunch.
Didn't care for the food at Sci-Fi. Maybe I would go back for appitizers and dessert but not a main dish.

dmosher
01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
I know most people don't LOVE the Sci-Fi Drive in, but we do!
The themeing is out of this world, the food is decent and the drinks (alcoholic variety)... amazing! You have to love a drink that tastes THAt good and comes with glowing ice cubes... I mean really, you just have to
:pipes:
D

MOJoe
01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Tough call. I love lunch at Sci Fi, but if i am only given one choice, it has to be dinner at the Brown Derby. Cobb Salad and a Maritni! Oh Yeah!

GrmGrninGost
01-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I love the 50's Prime Time for dinner ( or lunch). They have the nearest thing to home cooking you're likely to find. To me, that is real food! I've never had a bad meal, or even a mediocre meal there! And, the atmosphere is fantastic! It is definitely one of my most favorite restaurants anywhere! :mickey:

Crow
01-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Brown Derby
then i guess Mamas
SciFi & 50s have a unique atmosphere. mayb someday i will try them again

Duchess99
01-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't think the food at Sci-Fi is the best, but it's decent for lunch. And the theme is so much fun.
I've also been to the Brown Derby and the Cobb Salad is fantastic.
But I would definitely go for the Sci-Fi for a fun time.

NJGIRL
01-02-2008, 08:08 PM
I voted for the SciFi for lunch since we do it everytime we visit, but I have to say I was impressed by the Hollywood and Vine's buffet at dinner. Mama Melrose was just OK and the Prime Time was fun to try once.

jszczur5
01-03-2008, 12:38 AM
That wasn't really fair offering only one TS favourite choice. We enjoy most of our meals at HS.
A very pleasant surprise last summer was Hollywood and Vine. When discussing our upcoming trip, and planning our meals, my sons were willing to skip Sci-Fi Diner (a perennial favourite) in order to go back to H&V. The food for a buffet, was surprisingly good. And the Fantasmic dinner package was a bonus. That was the first time we had ever caught the show in 4 years (probably 15 evenings at MGM).
By the way, my vote for favourite was 50's Prime Time Cafe (dinner), although you never would have figured it out from my post. Good food, very kitschy, and as my sons say "Very Leave it to Beaver".

animalkingdomguy
01-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I feel like if fit in better at 50's with my shorts and sandles, but I like to food better at the Brown Derby.

JerseyDad
01-07-2008, 02:03 PM
.....the food at the 50's Prime Time Cafe is real "comfort fare" + the atmosphere is spot-on accurate. Makes me yearn for a time when life was a bit simpler....

....and their Bloody Mary's are killer!! (maybe THAT'S why everyone was smiling in the 50's!!:marg:)

JPL
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
H&V Dinner for the price and the food quality you can't beat it :thumbsup: While I love Brown Derby it's difficult to get others I travel with excited about the price even though they love the food:confused:

IloveDisney71
01-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I didn't vote since I've only tried H&V and the Sci-fi and neither one was a great experience.
I will probably never try H&V again. It was so bad we had to go get something to eat when we left!
The Sci-Fi was a great experience for the atmosphere, NOT the food. I felt the food was worse than counter service food, but at table service prices. We would probably eat there again but just get a dessert so we could enjoy the atmosphere without wasting money on a meal.