PDA

View Full Version : What's up with The American Adventure?

SignguyTom
01-02-2008, 11:56 AM
By that, I mean the retail shop. A lot, if not most, of the items for sale are made in China or Taiwan. Though a reasonably accurate representation of American retail, I think it is lame, and a little embarrassing, for it to be like that in our country's pavillion. :soapbox:

btharvey
01-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Perhaps, but it is representative of commerce in the U. S. of A. these days.

2Epcot
01-02-2008, 01:57 PM
A lot, if not most, of the items for sale are made in China or Taiwan. Though a reasonably accurate representation of American retail, I think it is lame, and a little embarrassing, for it to be like that in our country's pavillion. :soapbox:

Unfortunately too much of America's products are made throughout Asia. It would be nice if the shop at the American Adventure would feature products made IN America.

MNNHFLTX
01-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I agree. It would seem just as wrong to go into the China pavilion and see items marked "Made in the U.S.A"

LONESTAR
01-02-2008, 01:59 PM
I cant remember the last time I saw a made in America stamp. Not even at Disney and it was made in America.

joeyGibson
01-02-2008, 04:49 PM
I cant remember the last time I saw a made in America stamp. Not even at Disney and it was made in America.

With the exception of the incredibly-moving show, the American Adventure pavilion has always been a disappointment for me. The biggest problem I have with it is that the restaurant there is nothing more than the burgers and fries that you get at any other WDW park restaurant. I know that burgers and fries and hot dogs are typical American food, but they could at least class it up a bit and give you a REAL hand-made burger instead of the frozen stuff they use all over the park. That restaurant ought to be a sit-down place with steaks, hand-made burgers, hand-made hot dogs, hand-made fries, etc. *That* would be a place that showed off America. IMO.

SignguyTom
01-02-2008, 05:02 PM
With the exception of the incredibly-moving show, the American Adventure pavilion has always been a disappointment for me. The biggest problem I have with it is that the restaurant there is nothing more than the burgers and fries that you get at any other WDW park restaurant. I know that burgers and fries and hot dogs are typical American food, but they could at least class it up a bit and give you a REAL hand-made burger instead of the frozen stuff they use all over the park. That restaurant ought to be a sit-down place with steaks, hand-made burgers, hand-made hot dogs, hand-made fries, etc. *That* would be a place that showed off America. IMO.

You might be on to something... Maybe add chili (red & green), buffalo steaks/burgers, hot wings, prime rib, chicken fried steak...

Any other suggestions?

Ian
01-02-2008, 05:23 PM
With the exception of the incredibly-moving show, the American Adventure pavilion has always been a disappointment for me. The biggest problem I have with it is that the restaurant there is nothing more than the burgers and fries that you get at any other WDW park restaurant. I know that burgers and fries and hot dogs are typical American food, but they could at least class it up a bit and give you a REAL hand-made burger instead of the frozen stuff they use all over the park. That restaurant ought to be a sit-down place with steaks, hand-made burgers, hand-made hot dogs, hand-made fries, etc. *That* would be a place that showed off America. IMO.Well said ... I agree totally.

I also agree with the OP. It's a pretty sad state, really. And I mean that on both the micro and macro level.

techgeek
01-02-2008, 05:35 PM
I think that the overall lack of originality in the store and representation of American goods is a disturbing. Bring on the BBQ!

LONESTAR
01-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Bring on those food changes I just had dinner and yall are making me hungry. Epcot needs BAR B-Q and TEX-MEX. I know they have the Mexico pavilion but that food is not TEX-MEX.:beer: