PDA

View Full Version : Late arrival touring plans

junedis
01-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Has anyone ever used "The Unofficial Guide to DisneyWorld's" late arrival touring plans? My children are late risers and I am considering this as I plan our days. I thought we could start with these and throw in some evening extra magic hours as my kids seem to be night owls. What do you think? Thanks for your input!!:mickey:

DisFan01
01-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Even though I have never used that book, every time we go, we get to the parks late and use the Extra Magic Hours at night (on the select days). :thumbsup:

Hair_Razor
01-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I have never read this, but it sounds like a great plan. My kids are both early birds much to my chagrin :sleepin:. You might be surprised how early you can wake up when you are in Disney though. I think the air is cleaner or something :silly:

DisFan01
01-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I think the air is cleaner or something :silly:

I know what you mean! It's like when you're at Disney, you can breath... it has that great "Disney smell". :D

DisneyGiant
01-01-2008, 09:57 PM
I am usually a night owl myself, but I figure I am paying a lot of money to stay on property - I am getting up early!!!

I've had better experiences with getting on more attractions in the morning, than during the late night extra magic hours.

That being said - this year we're going to try sleeping in one day, so we can stay at all three extra magic hours.

Last year, we did early opening at Epcot, and then tried to do the extra magic hours at the MK - how silly was that? :drama: We only made it that first hour - and I suspect the first hour is the one that's most crowded!

Kairi_7378
01-01-2008, 11:48 PM
While I am a stickler for getting to the parks as soon as they open (best advice from the Unofficial Guide), I have used the late arrival plans when I park hop to a new park in the mid morning or early afternoon. They work very well!

jenfriend
01-02-2008, 08:36 PM
I have not used the late arrival plans because we are early risers, but the other plans have worked PERFECTLY. I'd trust their plans, esp. if the crowds are lighter the time of year that you plan to go.

Please update us if/when you use the late arrival plan.

Jillirose
01-02-2008, 08:45 PM
If you are going on peak weeks, the crowds peak, and waits are long midday and evening. In that case, we like to go early, spend time at the pool, and then go out late. If you're staying on campus, you get extra magic hours at selected parks with lighter crowds before opening and at the end of the night.

If you are going midweek at not so busy times, by all means, sleep in!:thumbsup: