PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining for 2008???

jpH/keD
01-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Have they announced the dates for free dining yet or are they permanently set already? I looked on info central but couldnt find anything. Help! What am I missing!

SBETigg
01-01-2008, 05:36 PM
They haven't announced dates yet, and it's not guaranteed that they will do it every year. They probably will, and in that case it typically gets announced in April and ends up taking place in September (occassionally also the end of August or beginning of October). They did run a deal in which people who booked during a current stay were offered free dining for the next stay and sometimes they offer free dining to UK travelers earlier, but otherwise, it's too soon to know.

Hair_Razor
01-01-2008, 07:55 PM
What is this I've never heard of free dining. :blush:

crazeedizneefinatic
01-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Free dining is a wonderful perk at off peek times. You get a free counter service and table service meal and also a snack each day you are there, or should I say for each night you are there. It's a great way to save money if you are able to travel at off times of the year. We experienced free dining for the 1st time last September and had a great time and saved a ton on money too. We already booked for September 2008 before we left. Definately keep an ear out.

jwildflower1981
01-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Free dining is a wonderful perk at off peek times. You get a free counter service and table service meal and also a snack each day you are there, or should I say for each night you are there. It's a great way to save money if you are able to travel at off times of the year. We experienced free dining for the 1st time last September and had a great time and saved a ton on money too. We already booked for September 2008 before we left. Definately keep an ear out.

Do they still offer any perks for booking your next trip before you leave the World?

TBY2225
01-02-2008, 04:49 PM
We also were able to book free dining for 2008 while we were vacationing in September 2007. I figure they wanted to see what the response would be knowing the new changes :thedolls: to the dining plan this year. I think they probably will offer it again to the general public and Visa holders, but right now, unfortunately you will have to wait and see.

Disney sometimes does these promotions. They offered free dining for Sept 07 if you booked while staying on property during the holidays in December 06 also. It is one of those things that you just have to get lucky enough to catch at the right time!

Duchess99
01-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Where is it announced? Can you call Disney Dining in April and ask about it?

SBETigg
01-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Where is it announced? Can you call Disney Dining in April and ask about it?

Honestly, you'll probably hear about it here first. INTERCOT is where I usually learn about these deals. Disney Dining won't be able to say anything until the official announcement is made, and then there's a booking window, usually until June, but only a limited availablity per resort. All information will be posted here as it becomes available, from the rumor stages and beyond. Check in the Dining forum and in News on the home page.

jszczur5
01-03-2008, 12:42 AM
We have done Free Dining for the last two years, and the only reason that we didn't re-book before checking out last September was because my brother and his family desperately want to come with us this year, and we could only book one package. We are keeping our fingers crossed that it will be offered again for this year. Last year's travel window was only about 4 weeks compared to 6 or 8 weeks the year before. I hope it doesn't get any tighter this year.

amydwh
01-03-2008, 02:20 PM
We already have reservations for Sept. If this falls during the free dining will we get it or is it just for new reservations? I just joined this group today and hope to learn alot before we go.
Amy

SBETigg
01-03-2008, 03:02 PM
We already have reservations for Sept. If this falls during the free dining will we get it or is it just for new reservations? I just joined this group today and hope to learn alot before we go.
Amy

Welcome! I don't think you will automatically get it. Keep an eye out here and when it is announced, if it falls in your dates, you can call to try and add the free dining to your reservation.