PDA

View Full Version : Planet Hollywood no longer accepting ADR's?

amball
01-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Hello everyone, I tried to make reservations at Planet Hollywood our first night there in June and I was told thy no longer are accepting ADR's after March 17. Did you hear this? We are staying at the POR and I understand we will also have the DDP that first night so I was wondering if anyone else has an idea of where to eat close by to get the money's worth. There will be Me my DH, DS (11), DS (9), and DD (7). Thanks!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2008, 04:19 PM
:) Where are the rest of your ADR's? Are you looking for something in Downtown specifically? We are going to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express on our first night and it is considered Counter Service on the dining plan...I heard it was really good and one of the best values for CS...If you feel adventurous try eating at one of the other resorts...animal kingdom has Boma...the Poly has Kona and Ohana's...Wilderness Lodge has Whispering Canyon Cafe

Seasonscraps
01-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Boatrights @ POR is pretty good.

According to info central, Planet Hollywood still accepts the DDP so you can still go there as a walk up.

DizneyRox
01-01-2008, 05:51 PM
I don't remember the last time I've had a wait to eat at Planet Hollywood. This might have something to do with it. Or, they are getting stiffed with the ADR system and feel they can fill the restaurant with walk-ups.

Who knows, regardless of the reasons, the DDP and the ADR systems are two totally different monsters, not conneced in the least.

amball
01-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Thank you for responding. We have ADR's at Boma, Coral Reef, and Whispering Canyon on the other nights. I heard the boat ride from POR to DTD was very enjoyable so I thought we would eat there. Any other possible suggestions for DTD?

AbeeNormal
01-02-2008, 12:32 AM
I haven't been there myself but I've heard good revues about Wolfgang Puck's Place. :)

Good Luck:thumbsup:

KEYONNAH
01-02-2008, 09:13 AM
I was still able to make an ADR for our June trip when I called last week to make all of our ADRs. I thought about changing it to a different day, but maybe I won't now.

jwildflower1981
01-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Have you tried Captin Jacks in DtD? We love eating there. They accept the DDP and the food was wonderful. I had twin lobster tails and my DH had the pot roast. ADR a must, we saw pople being turned away without them.

disneylovinmom
01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
We ate at Planet Hollywood at DTD a couple weeks ago and it wasn't very good. Also they had so many tables packed in there that you could hardly walk in between to get to your table. The servers had a hard time serving the food too. Maybe they don't need to take ADR's anymore because they have too many tables and/or their food is not as good anymore.