PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melrose or Tony's Town Square ?

ramftbl
01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm planning a vacation for 3 families in November, and I need to include either Melrose or Tony's as the Italian meal for the trip. All things considered (Kid's menu,choices, overall taste) which one would you choose if you could only pick one ?

jpH/keD
01-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Happy New Year!!

We went to Mama Melrose's w/ 11 people in Nov.07. The food was very good. We had 3 children 9,6 and 4 and 2 teenagers. The kids are super picky but all found something to eat! The teenagers felt they didnt get enough and got snacks afterwards :(:( But they eat ALL the time!!

I enjoyed all the food we had and they let me order fettechine alfredo which wasnt on the menu and we were all on the dining plan so I thought they were very accommodating!

I havent been to Tony's so hopefully someone else can give you info on that one!

Enjoy your trip! And happy dining!:)

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Both were Ok for us. Mama Melrose probably was better. We have used this place for the Fantasmic package on a few occasions. If you are not familiar check it out on the main board or do a search. Mama's might be a little easier to work in a large party and stay close together. Have a magical time!

TheDuckRocks
01-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Of the 2 we like Mama's better.

DisneyGiant
01-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Depends on what time you're eating.

If its during lunch - then select Tony's - you may be able to view the parade. We did this one year - it was the best parade seat in the house (food was "ok" but it gave me indigestion later that day! :thedolls: )

If its during dinner - Mama Melrose for sure. Personally, I think the food is so much better there!!! :mickey:

johnsouthjersey
01-05-2008, 11:38 AM
We recently (June '07) ate lunch at Tony's with 3 families, and all 3 families enjoyed the food, the service, and the atmosphere. Specifics: DS(9) and DD (11) had Tony's pizza. DS was a special order Pizza Bianca(no garlic or spices). He pronounced it the best ever and ate it all (a rarity). DW had Chicken Parmigiano as a sandwich and said it was very good. I had the Frutta di Mare, the portion was copious and it was wonderfully tasty. I would return to have it again. Mama Melrose was a dinner during our '06 trip. The kids did not like Mama's brick oven pizza, they recall it was a bit too crusty and hard for them to eat (they were 7 and 9 at the time). DW had Mama's Veal Parm but recalls she was not wild about the taste of the sauce. I on the other hand had Mama's Linguini Fra Diavolo. It was downright excellent, would return to have it again, though I may have a hard time convincing the other 3. The kids just said to tell you go with Tony's. Please do post your review of your Tony's or Mama's experience when you return. Whichever place you decide on, hope you have a great time!

poeticeclipse
01-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Of the two, i'd say Mama Melrose.

I haven't experience Tony's but Mama Melrose is excellent! DH and I went there in May of '07 and had a great time. Excellent service and amazing food.... the atmosphere is very quaint and charming. Not over the top and loud. Just... nice. :cloud9:

em-n-mia's-mommy
01-05-2008, 10:33 PM
we liked tonys a lot better. My last trip to mama melrose was bad. The food was not appetizing and i ended up getting sick because of it.

#1donaldfan
01-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Tony's is the better of the two, as it's in MK... I guess it depends on what park you'd rather be in the night of that ADR.......I love Tony's and have never had a bad meal there.....we've never eaten at MMR, but my sister has and she say's she liked it very much.....so I guess it just boils down to which park you want to be in at the time.....have fun choosing..