PDA

View Full Version : Free VMK Pin Today

BronxTigger
01-01-2008, 10:35 AM
I got a free New Year's 2008 pin today just by logging in.

It looks like a ball dropping down onto the numbers 2008 except the ball is a Mickey head.

Also, as expected, all the holiday items are no longer on sale.

chrisb26
01-01-2008, 11:40 AM
I really like that pin it is so cool and the best part Free!!

Here is a picture

New Years 2008 (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/VMK/NewYearPin.jpg)

As you can see its not tradeable.

As far as the Christmas things I thought they would stay until at least Friday but just to be sure I went yesterday and got everything extra that I needed! The blue hat quest is also gone. Wonder what magic we'll get this month!

Blue Genie
01-01-2008, 07:15 PM
How about a refund magic pin from last night. Send VMK when crazy last night and kick me out and I couldn't get back on to the New Years time.

RenDuran
01-01-2008, 10:06 PM
The holiday rooms are still for sale....both the Skull Rock and Haunted Mansion! In fact, I never even knew about the Skull Rock Holiday room until I was scrolling through rooms today! Had to make some quick credits to purchase it!

Patricia
01-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Sadly if you were unable to sign in yesterday you won't have the New years pin.

Unlike the last two years.. where it went into your inventory even if you didn't make it on.

chrisb26
01-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Sadly if you were unable to sign in yesterday you won't have the New years pin.

Unlike the last two years.. where it went into your inventory even if you didn't make it on.

This does stink for a lot of people since I'm sure a lot where busy on New Year's day. I know the first VMK New Year it automatically appeared in everybody's inventory. Last year I believe it was from a quest that ran for about a week that was nice because then you at least had a week to get it. This was only for one day which I guess is bad for some. Personally I don't have a problem with it being released this way. What I do not think is fair however is the fact that the pin isn't tradeable. If the pin was at least tradeable then people who where not here yesterday would still have a chance to get it. But I guess this goes along with the 4th of July pin that you had to get the same way.

WDWfanatic742
01-03-2008, 03:27 AM
Its all because of people who abuse the system.

Chescat
01-03-2008, 02:46 PM
The holiday rooms are still for sale....both the Skull Rock and Haunted Mansion! In fact, I never even knew about the Skull Rock Holiday room until I was scrolling through rooms today! Had to make some quick credits to purchase it!
As of January 2nd, these rooms were gone also. :(

Patricia
01-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Well I know of ten kids who won't have the pin because of the holidays. Most people are away over the holidays or are having family time and are unlikely to be logging in. Putting a pin in each players inventory is of no expense to VMK. After having done it that way for the prior 2 years, it seemed they would continue in that tradition.