PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust for My Little Princess??

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-01-2008, 02:10 AM
We had to take our little girl to Urgent Care yesterday (since it is 1:53am here). She has had a fever since Friday and we thought it was just a nasty cold.
Taylor has asthma so we know when we need to adjust nebulizer medications, etc. Which we did.
She woke up and still had the fever and cough so we took her in.
As soon as we got there and the Dr heard her cough he gave her liquid Prednisone and a nebulizer treatment while he ordered a chest X ray.
Poor little girl has pnuemonia. :( Of course, guilt always hits when it is your child but, she only started with this late Friday night. I would never have guessed it was something that serious.
She is on antibiotics, Prednisone and Xoponex for her nebulizer. The Dr wants to recheck her on Thursday unless she gets worse before then.
She and I stayed home watching Dumbo while DH took the boys to our friends house for the New Years party we were invited to. They came home at 11pm to celebrate with me since Taylor was fast asleep.
Thankfully, school is closed here until the 7th so she will not be missing school. Even though it is only Pre-K.
Sorry I am rambling. :blush:

Any thoughts or Pixie Dust you could spare for a quick recovery would be really appreciated. I hate seeing my kids sick.:(

Dsnygirl
01-01-2008, 02:53 AM
:( I'm so sorry to hear that Taylor's so sick... it's so hard to see your little ones go through it!! I sure hope she feels better tomorrow... I'm sending some :pixie::pixie: and prayers her way right now!!

Jeri
01-01-2008, 04:47 AM
My 4yr old DS had this 2 weeks ago. We had him in the Dr 3 times in one week. ( Mon, Wed, Thurs) because after being on antibiotics, prelone, and albuterol nebs for 3 days his fever would not break. It finally did after 3 1/2 days of meds but the cough lasted a while.

He sleeps a lot now, and the Dr said it could be a month or longer before he gets back his strenght and stamina. He gets up around 11 am and by 1pm he is pale and wants to take a nap, then by 7:30pm he is asking to go to bed.
We have to go back in this week for a follow up.

Good luck. Just hold your little one a lot and don't feel bad it came on real sudden for us too.

Here is a little:pixie: for your little girl and a :hug: for you. I know after a few days of carring and worrying about you little one you will need it.

mrsgaribaldi
01-01-2008, 05:28 AM
Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way for her speedy recovery. I'm sure she will be feeling great in no time at all.
:newyear::wave:

ChipnDaleGal
01-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Lots of :pixie: on the way for Taylor. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

merlinmagic4
01-01-2008, 08:28 AM
:pixie: for a fast recovery for Taylor!! I hope she is feeling better soon.

Strmchsr
01-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Lots of :pixie: for Taylor and for all of you.

DISNEYFIX
01-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Hey neighbor, all the best :pixie:

Here we go again...
01-01-2008, 10:23 AM
I hope Taylor is feeling better soon. :pixie:

There is something going around here too. The doctors can't seem to figure it out though. Everyone has a fever and cough and congestion. At this point they are just giving medications to make people more comfortable.

I hope the New Year brings health and happiness. (and Mickey too :mickey: )

tinklover
01-01-2008, 10:25 AM
lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie:pixie dust on the way for this lil :angel: to have a fast recovery. your family is in our prayers today.

kakn7294
01-01-2008, 10:36 AM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for Taylor for a speedy recovery!

mmwonka
01-01-2008, 11:02 AM
:grouphug: for your daughter and family. Also, don't feel guilty. My daughter used to have febrile seizures when she was little (which later "grew" into epilepsy) and I will never forget one time when we had to take her to the hospital and the nurse said to me, "you know you're child has febrile seizures you should have treated her fever quicker!". What that nurse, who never met me before, didn't know was that my daughter could have a temp of 98 one minute and a fever of 102 and a seizure the next!! That was 17 years ago and I can still feel the "guilt" which was unjustified, just as I'm sure your's is. Sorry for rambling!:pixie::pixie: for your daughter's health.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-01-2008, 12:08 PM
You guys are great. Thanks so much for all of the good thoughts, etc.

Taylor is up and about this morning. Still feeling pretty miserable but, it was nice to see her want to get out of bed.

Thanks again!! :pick:

ElenitaB
01-01-2008, 12:23 PM
:pixie: for Taylor's quick recovery! Hope she's feeling "all better" before you know it!

browneyedgirl12
01-01-2008, 12:39 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: I hope Taylors feeling better soon!!!

disneydeb
01-01-2008, 01:23 PM
:hug: and :pixie:for Taylor!

RenDuran
01-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Poor Taylor....I really feel for all of you.

My little boy has asthma too, so I can empathize with you. We had our own emergency with him just last week, so I know that even with the best treatment, sometimes things get out of control very quickly!

I hope you can enjoy some of the time off from school that she still has! :pixie: to your girl!

BrerGnat
01-01-2008, 06:02 PM
I hope Taylor feels better really soon. Poor girl. :( Here's some pixie dust for a speedy recovery. :pixie:

Beast_fanatic
01-01-2008, 09:14 PM
More :pixie: on the way to Taylor!

Not2Loud
01-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Glad to hear she is feeling better. Its always tough when our little ones get sick. We feel like we should have caught it!

It is nice to hear I am not the only one that watches Disney movies with my kids when they are sick :blush:

DizNee143
01-02-2008, 08:28 AM
hope shes back to herself in no time...
i had it when i was young..i believe i was in the 2nd grade and i remember it coming on fast also..

Hayden's Dad
01-02-2008, 09:34 AM
I am so sorry to hear your little girl is sick. Pixie dust is on the way. Don't feel guilty it is not your fault she got sick. You did exactly what you were supposed to do and now she is on the way to feeling better.

princessjojo
01-02-2008, 10:00 AM
:pixie: Hope she's feeling better soon. I know your guilt completely. Colbey recently wrecked his dirt bike, but didn't cry or anything until I asked him if he was ok then he was all in tears. There was no bruising or swelling, but he kept saying it hurt & wouldn't walk on it. He said it was broken, but again, no bruising or swelling at all... Finally, I MADE DH take him to the dr. on Mon. just to let Colbey know it was ok. The dr. didn't think it was anything to it eithe, but x-rayed it just to make sure. Low & behold it was broken, clean in half all the way across the tibia and hairline fract. on fibula. And DH was going to make him go to school. Both of us were trying to get him to walk all weekend, thinking it was just sore. Boy did we feel bad...

Sorry to ramble... Again, I hope she is feeling at her best soon. It's heartwrenching to see our children hurt and feeling bad.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-02-2008, 12:37 PM
:pixie: Hope she's feeling better soon. I know your guilt completely. Colbey recently wrecked his dirt bike, but didn't cry or anything until I asked him if he was ok then he was all in tears. There was no bruising or swelling, but he kept saying it hurt & wouldn't walk on it. He said it was broken, but again, no bruising or swelling at all... Finally, I MADE DH take him to the dr. on Mon. just to let Colbey know it was ok. The dr. didn't think it was anything to it eithe, but x-rayed it just to make sure. Low & behold it was broken, clean in half all the way across the tibia and hairline fract. on fibula. And DH was going to make him go to school. Both of us were trying to get him to walk all weekend, thinking it was just sore. Boy did we feel bad...

Sorry to ramble... Again, I hope she is feeling at her best soon. It's heartwrenching to see our children hurt and feeling bad.

Thanks.

I feel so bad for Colbey. I hope he heals quickly and it feeling much better soon!! :hug:

When my DS broke his ankle at 2 his never swelled or bruised either. DH kept insisting he was fine and that he was just favoring his ankle.
It happened on a Saturday and the next day I took him to the hospital and the X rays showed that he had broken the growth plate in his ankle. He was in a cast for 6 weeks.
Long story short..I hardly ever listen to DH when it comes to the kids anymore. :secret:

MsMin
01-02-2008, 03:26 PM
:pixie:
When Christin was that 2 she had pneumonia 3x's. The dr. asked me if I was letting her play in the ditch or something. I was so insulted I switched drs. who then said the child had never had pneumonia once b/c there was no scarring on the lungs- she had asthma. Kids w/ asthma develop lung infections very quickly. They can go to bed w/ a runny nose and wake up w/ a fever.
I understand how bad you feel but I see it as part of being a great parent. (Wishing you could have been better or perfect) but that's not life is it? Things happen so fast and I think you did what you could as soon as you could-- what more could you do? There are so many children out there that don't have parents that "care" about their well being:(
:hug: hope you both feel better real soon....

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-05-2008, 12:01 AM
I hope Taylor is feeling better in no time but pneumonia does really wipe you out so don't be surprised if her energy level isn't the best for a while.