PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mt. and Outside Temp.

goofyskier
12-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Splash Mt will be open the first night we arrive in the World and then close the day after. With the cold front that is moving in this week; the forecasted high temp for the 3rd is only 54 degrees. Will they keep Splash Mt open even though it will be a little chilly?

scoot241
12-31-2007, 07:10 PM
Splash Mt will be open the first night we arrive in the World and then close the day after. With the cold front that is moving in this week; the forecasted high temp for the 3rd is only 54 degrees. Will they keep Splash Mt open even though it will be a little chilly?

Yes. Splash Mountain doesn't close because of cold weather (as far as I know). I have heard there's a control that actually can control how wet people get. Maybe they'll lower the "wetness".

WDWfanatic742
12-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Right, if it is really cold then they can flip "the switch" and you won't get nearly as wet as usual. If you are worried about being a little wet in the cold, you can wear a poncho and you won't have to worry.

Strmchsr
12-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Ya know, I seem to get conflicting reports on that whole "cold mode" thing. I've spoken with a couple of CM's who say it's there, but I spoke with a couple of Imagineers who say its not. Either way I'd say just have a poncho because Jan 3 will not be a good day to walk around wet.

Marilyn Michetti
12-31-2007, 08:30 PM
It can't be any colder than Grizzly River in DLR three weeks ago - I got drenched !:(

WDWfanatic742
12-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Wednesday January 2nd - High = 49, Low = 30
Thursday January 3rd - High = 54, Low = 47

Yup, it's actually going to get cold down here. Haven't had a cold front in what seems like a month.

Strmchsr
12-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Wednesday January 2nd - High = 49, Low = 30
Thursday January 3rd - High = 54, Low = 47

Yup, it's actually going to get cold down here. Haven't had a cold front in what seems like a month.

Should those numbers be right (and I actually forecasted 48) it'll be the coldest in about 5 years.

DizneyRox
01-01-2008, 12:44 AM
I wouldn't risk being wet in those temps. A few years back I was in the magic seat on Kali River Rapids when the temps were in the 50s during the day. It was the longest day in history, and miserable to boot! They had dryers setup at the exit to Kali River Rapids, but I just couldn't get dry enough. I think I got wet around 11am, and at the 7:30 Hoop Dee Doo I was still a little wet. Didn't have time to get back to the room to change, otherwise I would have.