PDA

View Full Version : wilderness lodge this time

mouselover93
12-31-2007, 05:43 PM
no contemporary now. we're staying at the wilderness lodge. how is it i've seen pics and i know they use boats to mk and buses to the rest. any and all info would be greatly appreciated:D

sassafras
12-31-2007, 06:26 PM
I love the WL; however, their transportation lacks something! You will find it's quicker to take a boat the the MK and transfer to the monorail to go to Epcot or the transportation center to go to the parks unless you like to wait for a long time. We've stayed at the WLVs twice in the past 2 years and both times the buses were slow running. At lot of times, once the bus comes you end up going to the campground and getting packed in like sardines instead of going straight to the parks. The ambience of the place is great, the restaurants and bar are good, the concierge service is helpful, but the transportation....Anyway, you are sure to have a great time there! Enjoy!!!

jillluvsdisney
12-31-2007, 06:35 PM
We just spent a week at WL in Novemeber. The service from all the cast memebrs was wonderful. The boat to the MK was very efficient and we never had to wait very long for a boat coming or going. We rented a car so I can't tell you about the buses. I feel the time you save having your own car is worth the expence of a rental car.

mickeytravel
01-01-2008, 04:42 PM
we love WL we have stayed there the past 2 time and love it. I have given my daughter the option of what hotel she wants to stay and she alsways picks WL. We are planning to visit again in 6/08. I can't wait. The boat ride to the other places is great. We book alot of dining at Poly and Contemp. so it is pretty easy to get ther:mickey:e

madi47
01-02-2008, 06:39 AM
While I thought the WL was absolutely beautiful, I agree that the bus service was the worst I ever encountered. We had to wait forever for the bus to come. When it finally came we had to drive over to the campgrounds. I didn't like the shared bus thing at all. I expected more from a deluxe. I remember driving over to the GF as well before we headed to DTD. It took us over 40 minutes to get there. :confused:

Tygger7
01-02-2008, 08:29 AM
While I thought the WL was absolutely beautiful, I agree that the bus service was the worst I ever encountered. We had to wait forever for the bus to come. When it finally came we had to drive over to the campgrounds. I didn't like the shared bus thing at all. I expected more from a deluxe. I remember driving over to the GF as well before we headed to DTD. It took us over 40 minutes to get there. :confused:

I have to chime in here....we've never had ANY problems with the bus service at WL. I think a lot may depend on the time of year you go. We go in May, and the bus and boat transportation has been fantastic. Worst experience EVER we had with WDW transportation was Port Orleans....it took 45-60 minutes to get to ANY park from the hotel. Going from the parks to the hotel was just as bad...we had to wait 30 mins or more to catch a bus in the evening. Honestly, that's what made us decide to go to the WL from now on. Who wants to spend that many hours just getting to the parks.

Also, I know a lot of people drive themselves to and from parks, but there's no way you could pay me to do that. Even though the entrances and exits to the parks are well marked, it's still easy to end up in the wrong lane. Plus, after driving 18 hours to get to WDW, I don't want to see the inside of my car again until it's time to head home. :D

To summarize, we LOVE the WL and everything it has to offer. The restaurants are wonderful, the hotel itself is an attraction, and the pool is beautiful. If you don't mind heights, ask the front desk if you can be a flag family one morning. :thumbsup:

madi47
01-02-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm not saying the resort wasn't a beautiful resort. I was there in January last year and we just had a bad week with the bus service. The only other thing that was a little annoying was the size of quick service area. It was really small. Other than that the grounds and the electric water parade at night were great.

dmosher
01-02-2008, 03:02 PM
My DW and I actually only had 1 day where we had to wait any significant amount of time for the bus at WL. We absolutely love it there! After our first night staying there, we knew we would always come back. So beautiful, tranquil, with quick MK boat service and the food.. oh man... all of the food is fantastic. All of the CM's were very helpful and friendly as well. No, we have no complaints regarding the bus service or WL in general. Go, have fun and enjoy.
:pipes:
D

playdead88
01-02-2008, 05:06 PM
ok now im worried about our trip in april to the WL - im not in love with the idea of ****** bus service - we have always stayed at an epcot resort and have always had awesome transportation so im kinda freaking out a bit - we just wanted to check out a different resort and have a plan to stay at a new place every year please someone tell me we aren't making a huge mistake :confused: