PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me if there is a cost for showers? Also best tent loop non-prefered?

Harley-Davidson_Guy
12-31-2007, 05:06 PM
We are going to be tent camping for the first time at Ft. Wilderness. Although we have stayed there in an RV and cabins I havn't a clue what to expect staying in a tent. Any info about cost of showers would be great and also if there is a loop that is better than others that is not prefered. Thanks

LONESTAR
12-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Showers are free, clean, and nice.

ibrowse17
12-31-2007, 06:31 PM
The comfort stations are very clean, and free for campers to use. When we tent camp, we always request the 2000 loop. No matter when you are going, be prepared for anything weather wise. Have a great time at FW:thumbsup:

Harley-Davidson_Guy
01-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks! I have been reading that the temps. have been at 34 as a low at night. Brrrr.....I guess we'll be buying a heater. Talk about crisp! :ill:

faline
01-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Depending on your sleeping bags, a heater might be unnecessary. We've camped when it's gone below freezing and been quite snug inside our bags. In fact, we replaced our initial bags which were rated below freezing because they were too warm for most of our camping needs!

Harley-Davidson_Guy
01-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Well, we have purchased a heater because it is better to have it and not need it than not to have one and wish that we had.

Also, we requested loop 1500 because it was right across from the main pool area and tennis courts. Hopefully that isn't a mistake. We will be brinking bikes so transportation isn't an issue.