PDA

View Full Version : Which loop for pop-ups?

rubato
12-31-2007, 03:26 PM
I've tried looking at the map to figure things out, but am confused. Is there a specific loop for pop-up campers? If there is more than one, which is the best? I made my reservations already, but would like to make sure we get the best spot. We've never camped at Disney before, so have no idea about good camp sites. Thanks!

ibrowse17
12-31-2007, 06:47 PM
There is no certain area for pop ups. Depending on what you want to be around will help decide what loop you want. We like the 2000 loop for either our pop up or for tent camping. It is sort of secluded from the rest of FW, and very peaceful. If you want to be close to the Meadow Trading post, bike barn and Camp fire area, try the 1400 or 1500 loops. If you want to near the settlement area and boat launch, try 100, 200 or 700. The one thing to make sure of is comfort station and bus stop location. Some loops have their own, and some share with other loops. Another reason we like the 2000 loop is that it has 2 comfort stations, so no site is very far from one. Good luck and enjoy FW:thumbsup:

TheMartellFamily
01-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Each of the loops are regulated for pop ups. We have stayed in the the 100 and then the 800 also. The difference for these is that the preferred sites have cable hook up and with water, sewer, electric. The non-preferred sites just have water, sewer, electric. We like the 100 because it is just off the marina to get to MK. We also like the 800's because it is very close to the pool, store, movie/ campfire program. there is also a bus stop there too. Any place is a good place for a pop-up you just need to decide what is your priority. Where ever you choose is good and by the way have fun.

rubato
01-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Okay, we've narrowed it down to loop 1500 or 1600. My hubby wants to be by the water. Are there specific sites in these loops that are really close to the water?

faline
01-03-2008, 09:48 AM
By water, do you mean the lake?

ibrowse17
01-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Okay, we've narrowed it down to loop 1500 or 1600. My hubby wants to be by the water. Are there specific sites in these loops that are really close to the water?

Not sure what you mean by water. The only water near those loops is a small water way, and I am not sure that any site has a view of it.

rubato
01-03-2008, 02:16 PM
I think the waterway is what he's talking about. Can't tell how big it is by the map. If it's just a tiny little thing, I guess it won't matter, will it? I'm sure he'll be happy no matter what. He wants to be able to walk to the campfire at night, so 1500 will still be his first choice. Thanks for input guys!:)

ibrowse17
01-03-2008, 02:27 PM
I think the waterway is what he's talking about. Can't tell how big it is by the map. If it's just a tiny little thing, I guess it won't matter, will it? I'm sure he'll be happy no matter what. He wants to be able to walk to the campfire at night, so 1500 will still be his first choice. Thanks for input guys!:)

The 1500 loop is a smaller loop that I think is very nice. The only thing about it I do not like is that it does share a comfort station with an other loop, but that is just me. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

medic9016
01-03-2008, 09:24 PM
We stayed in the 100 loop in our PUP right between a Class A and a 5er. It is a short walk to the MK boat and the internal buses. We also wanted cable:blush:. We like the prefered loops because most of the folks in the MH and TT use their own showers and that leaves the comfort stations less crowded.