PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Spots in the Parks...

jenfriend
12-30-2007, 08:12 PM
What are your favorite "quiet" spots in the parks? We don't plan to go back to our room mid-day, but do need to find a place for family w/ kids to rest a bit (parents may need this more than kids) in the Magic Kingdom and The Studios.

We're thinking of playing and then resting a bit on Tom Sawyer Island in the MK. Are there any other places?

I don't think I rested at all in The Studios on my last trip. Where can we catch a little down time?

Thanks Intercot-ites!

jsdt
12-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Any place we can find an empty park bench works good for us - I don't mind if it is in a crowded place as it creates for some nice "people-watching." The only thing that is problematic is that it seems that every time I find an empty park-bench it always seems to be in a "smoking-section."

Gator
12-30-2007, 08:26 PM
In the Studios, Echo lake is often very quiet. Magic Kingdom is never quiet.

Polynesian Dweller
12-30-2007, 08:50 PM
In Epcot you can often find quiet in the courtyard behind the British Shops, though their Beatles tribute band does play there.

MK is really but around the Tomorrowland Terrace you can get away a bit in the seats near the waterways.

I agree that Echo Lake can be about as quiet as it gets in the Studios.

TracyL
12-30-2007, 10:04 PM
I agree that some of the best "quiet" spots are in smoking areas - I suspect this is why they are quiet. :)

In MK, sometimes the area in Tomorrowland near Carousel of Progress and the restrooms not far from there can be pretty quiet - there's some sitting walls and benches in that area.

At the time you're going, you may find it generally quiet. When the parks are lightly loaded, the seating area near Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station is deserted - especially if the restaurant itself is closed - but you may still be able to sit there. Even the outdoor seating outside the Plaza Restaurant may be available in mid-January.

Of course, the TTA is always good for a sitting break and has the added benefit of being a "ride" (when the kids are tired but don't want to admit it :) )

At Studios, try inside Walt Disney: One Man's Dream or Magic of Disney Animation -- not sure if there are benches currently, but the larger open spaces in those attractions can be good for down-time. In Magic of Disney Animation, you can always go to animation art school - a good 10-15 minutes of sitting and doing something low-key, but still be engaged. (I didn't catch how old your kids are so I'm not sure if this would work for them or not.)

Hope this helps, and have a MAGICAL visit!

heidi614
12-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Sometimes Belle's Garden is open for a quiet rest as well as the wishing well area on the pathway to theright side of the castle. The is a nice shady area behind the funnel cake/ice cream building on the left side of the castle walking toward Liberty Town. I agree in tomorrowland noodle station too. Rocking chairs are nice ion Tom Sawyer island. MGM is tough. ABC commisionary area comes to mind and near the star wars ride. :sleepin: Hopes this helps you get some ZZZ's!!

Here we go again...
12-30-2007, 10:25 PM
For us, the TTA in the Magic Kingdom is our relaxing place.

In Epcot, any bench in the World Showcase will do, we love to people watch.

At MGM we sit on the benches facing the Tower or Terror and watch the crazy people screaming. (I will not ride that ride)

Darbylew
12-30-2007, 11:19 PM
I agree any bench in any of the parks is good
for us. It is a time to people watch.......and
rest a little. I think it is quiet in MK over near
the COP there are some benches and the rest
room is near by. In Epcot I think over near the
old pavilion where body wars was. In the MK I
think around Belle's garden is a good spot. In
the AK just take a ride on the train. :thumbsup:

Mickey 101
12-30-2007, 11:29 PM
My DH likes to take advantage of opportunities to rest while at Muppet Vision 3-D and Mickey's Philharmagic. ;) MKRR is good for a rest, too. At MGM, there are several quiet tables inside and outside at Backlot Express. Have a great trip!!

BronxTigger
12-30-2007, 11:45 PM
I think that if you are seeking out a fairly quiet spot you will not have trouble finding a place to take a break.

At MGM: There are some benches/picnic tables near the boat that sells frozen lemonade. This is actually in a pretty busy spot, but most people walk right on past and don't really notice you. It's great for people watching. An even quieter spot is in the back of the "food court" seating area behind the Anaheim produce carts; near Catalina Eddie's on Sunset Blvd. The key here is to find the quiet corner in the back.

At Epcot: In Morocco, there is a little fountain in a room on the left side as you walk towards the back of the pavilion. This room is usually overlooked and it's usually cool too. Check out the other pavilions back areas as well as the benches that line the big lake.

At AK: Lots of nooks and crannies here, especially in Dinoland (walking back towards Dinosaur) and along the walking trails (Oasis, Pangani, and Maharajah).

At MK: They do exist. Really. If worse comes to worse, go to the President show or ride a slow ride like TTA or even POTC or Small World. Tom Sawyer's Island is a great spot. There's also a little-used path to the right side of the castle (if you're looking at it from Main Street) that walks from Belle's Garden up towards the castle. There's also the rose garden area to the left of Stitch. The back of Tomorrowland also can be desolate at times (to the right of Space Mountain, near where the Skyway used to be). There are also benches across the path from Splash Mountain next to the river that are occasionally overlooked.

Pooh4Grumpy
12-31-2007, 12:01 AM
In MK there is a path that runs from the Toontown train station to Tomorrowland that is always deserted.

mudpuppysmom
12-31-2007, 10:45 AM
In MK we take a walk in the rose garden (at the bottom there are benches) and we also "stop and smell the roses"......people look at us like we're weird, but we like roses!

In Epcot We find that the area over by Figment is generally quiet and there is a little room for the kids to run off some steam and not get in anyones way; also over by the Living Seas there is a small area too I think. Also in Epcot we do the "shrub maze" behind the streets in England .....we've never seen anyone there!

In MGM we generally find it is not a place we need to find a quiet spot as we are only there a half day on arrival day and we don't go back (DS only needs a half day there as do we -- nothing really draws us there).

At AK we like to go on all the little pathways all over the park!

JPooh
12-31-2007, 12:27 PM
We are usually there in the summertime, so its important that the children have a moment to cool down and rest. At the MK when I'm ready for them to take a little nap to get refreshed, I always take them to the Hall Of Presidents. It never fails for them to get a 10 min nap and cool down. It's the most relaxing attraction in the park. At MGM I would try the Animation Studio

BronxTigger
12-31-2007, 12:30 PM
We are usually there in the summertime, so its important that the children can have a moment to cool down and rest for little. At the MK when I'm ready for to a little nap to refresh them I always that them to the Hall Of Presidents. It never fails for them to get a 10 min nap and cool down. It's the most relaxing attraction in the park. At MGM I would the Animation Studio

Hello neighbor! Another really quiet, dark spot that I forgot is Sounds Dangerous at MGM. It's about 15 minutes long, perfect for a little nap!

A Big Kid
12-31-2007, 01:12 PM
In the MK, my favorite spot is the Car Barn. It is one the left side as you enter the MK just north of guest relations.

In case you did not know, the Car Bar is actually the horse stables for the draught horses that "work" on Main street.

There is a table and chairs in there with a checkerboard. Usually, there is a CM in there who is grooming the horses and is very friendly.

Very important: Now that I told you this, if I show up looking for a spot to relax, expect you to immediately surrrender your seat to me!

PeterPan
12-31-2007, 05:21 PM
As you come into Liberty Square from the Hub, there is an area just behind the buildings to your LEFT that are kind of a sit-down, picnic area. Very nice - usually very quiet. Favorite place for sure.

LONESTAR
12-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Sometimes Belle's Garden is open for a quiet rest as well as the wishing well area on the pathway to theright side of the castle. The is a nice shady area behind the funnel cake/ice cream building on the left side of the castle walking toward Liberty Town. I agree in tomorrowland noodle station too. Rocking chairs are nice ion Tom Sawyer island. MGM is tough. ABC commisionary area comes to mind and near the star wars ride. :sleepin: Hopes this helps you get some ZZZ's!!

:ditto: these are my spots

wdwfansince75
01-01-2008, 01:12 PM
For the MK, TTA, the RR, or Tom Sawyer's Island will allow quiet time....for snoozes, try HOP or COP.....and for just a break, consider the Monorail....I've taken breaks ry riding all the way to EPCOT and back...or course, you do have to change at TTA, but in the early PM, that's no problem....Have run into others doing the dame thing....and at the Studios, I've taken a break by riding the boat to EPCOT and back....had a Fast Pass for R'nRC, and it was too hot to just sit and wait....

Also at the Studios, "I'm just here for a nap" is a good manly excuse for sitting in "The Little Mermaid"...and the mist is refreshing! Tried to nap in Indy show, but the noise keep waking me up.

DisneyGiant
01-01-2008, 04:04 PM
At the MK - I rest in two places

An alcove on the right side of Main Street (as you're walking in) in between the series of stores - there are tables and chairs there - and if its quiet - you can hear Mickey get tap dancing or vocal lessons (can't remember which right now).
The picnic tables behind Sleepy Hollow (right next to the castle). They make the best chocolate chip cookie sandwiches.At MGM - only one place (for me, at least):

The Starring Rolls bakery. Its usually not that crowded!

wedway76
01-01-2008, 05:58 PM
In the MK, there is an area between The Chrystal Palace and Adventureland, near the bridge that had some benches that is nice and quiet.

In EPCOT we like the garden in Great Brittan.

In MGM we usually wind up on benches near Star Tours.

We don’t spend much time in AK so if we are tired we usually leave.

DisFan01
01-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, a great place for peace and quiet in the Magic Kingdom is near Space Mountain. There is a long pathway to the left of the Space Mountain gift shop (with benches) that goes to Mickey's Toontown Fair. No one is ever there walking or sitting, and it's a great quiet place to rest and get your energy back. Just look to the left of Space Mountain and the gift shop. I also agree that Echo Lake is the quietest place in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Have a great trip! :thumbsup:

Figgyluv03
01-02-2008, 12:34 PM
The little spot behind the castle where the wishing well. Unless Belle is reading, I would usually go back there on my days off and do my own reading. It's nice and quiet and very beautiful back there. In DHS, I would have to say back by ToT, go past the entrance and there's a couple of benches there. You'll hear some people screaming from the tower, but it's usually not crowded there.

Stich8818
01-02-2008, 02:05 PM
There are some quiet places out there..you may just have to look. My favorite quiet spot is got to be at the Studios anywere around Echo Lake.

WelshieLover
01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
The Universe of Energy in EPCOT is also perfect for a snooze, unless your kids are afraid of dinosaurs. You are off your feet for over a half hour in the dark. If it is not crowded you could have the kids lay down on the benches.

Wolf
01-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Oh my all time favorite one we have found is in AK towards the back of Dinoland there is this awesome little path through a sortof foresty area where you can hear Dinos wandering around through the brush, they have a wonderful little frozen banana cart about 15 feet away and we've never seen anyone else sitting on "our" bench. Just a few people wandering though mostly pulled through by little boys who love the dino area. Its a great quiet shady place.

Kairi_7378
01-04-2008, 01:13 PM
We fell asleep on Ellen's Energy Adventure in Epcot, and it really recharged us for the rest of the day :secret:

Little Mermaid is a great show to watch, and they spray you!

ImagiAsh
01-05-2008, 01:35 AM
At the time you're going, you may find it generally quiet. When the parks are lightly loaded, the seating area near Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station is deserted - especially if the restaurant itself is closed - but you may still be able to sit there. Even the outdoor seating outside the Plaza Restaurant may be available in mid-January.

Yup! That's my usual resting spot in MK. Whether the Noodle Station is open or not, I usually find only a few other people there, if that. And it's got a great view of the castle, so you can just sit back and soak up the atmosphere.:thumbsup:

chamonix
01-06-2008, 10:58 PM
A must see place--and a perfect place to rest in the air conditioning--is the theater that shows a continuous loop of classic Mickey cartoons in the back of the Kodak shop in the Magic Kindom.

If you were walking IN to the park, the shop is on the right, it shares the same building as Tony's restaurant. (If you are walking OUT, it's on the far left end of Main street just before the tunnel to the exit gates)

Go in the Kodak camera store (sorry, it probably has a name) and keep going in to the back (these days you have to bear left slightly, you used to be able to go both ways around the film counter) then when it ends, turn right. This whole area is awesome, actually, a hidden gem that hardly ANYONE knows is there! We are almost always the only people in there. There are several mock-ups of Disney stuff to play in and take photos and the cartoons are playing, so if some of your group want to be entertained, they can, but the others can easily just take a rest/nap in the theater seats. It's always nice and cool in there, and it's not dark, and it's a huge room that's very open so don't worry about kids not sitting still or being perfectly quiet--it's not that kind of theater.

Even if you aren't looking for a place to rest, this place is a must see. So many people have been to WDW many times and have never seen this place! Check it out. :thumbsup:

browneyedgirl12
01-07-2008, 06:37 AM
On tom sawyers island in that resturant that is always closed and the rocking chairs there too.

wjrhw
01-07-2008, 09:33 AM
A must see place--and a perfect place to rest in the air conditioning--is the theater that shows a continuous loop of classic Mickey cartoons in the back of the Kodak shop in the Magic Kindom.

If you were walking IN to the park, the shop is on the right, it shares the same building as Tony's restaurant. (If you are walking OUT, it's on the far left end of Main street just before the tunnel to the exit gates)

Go in the Kodak camera store (sorry, it probably has a name) and keep going in to the back (these days you have to bear left slightly, you used to be able to go both ways around the film counter) then when it ends, turn right. This whole area is awesome, actually, a hidden gem that hardly ANYONE knows is there! We are almost always the only people in there. There are several mock-ups of Disney stuff to play in and take photos and the cartoons are playing, so if some of your group want to be entertained, they can, but the others can easily just take a rest/nap in the theater seats. It's always nice and cool in there, and it's not dark, and it's a huge room that's very open so don't worry about kids not sitting still or being perfectly quiet--it's not that kind of theater.

Even if you aren't looking for a place to rest, this place is a must see. So many people have been to WDW many times and have never seen this place! Check it out. :thumbsup:

This was the first place that came to my mind as well. On our last trip we enjoyed this area. DD6 kept mentioning that we should return to this theater all week.

animalkingdomguy
01-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Near the exit of Big Thunder Mountain is a out of the way place with few crowds or people. Alternatively try Tom Sawyer Island.

SpectroTrumpeteer
01-09-2008, 10:45 PM
A great place in the MK is at the old loading are for the Swan Boats. It is just below the castle, near the bridge that takes you to Tomorrow Land. It is out of the way out of the crowds and usually un-occupied. Plus it has a great view of the castle. Also, think about taking a ride on the Tomorrow Land Transit, or as I still call it the WEDway People Mover. Very relaxing and usually not that crowded. ENJOY!