PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout the Beach Club???

trennedy
12-30-2007, 06:01 PM
I am beginning to plan my next visit and my DH doesn't want to have to worry about taking the buses if at all possible. I have been looking into the Beach Club. We love Epcot and Hollywood Studios, so thought it would be great because of it's location. Anything I should know though about it? What do you recommend???

Thanks!!:mickey::mickey:

BronxTigger
12-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I really like the Yacht/Beach Club complex! My family has stayed there three times.

Things we love about it:
-proximity to Epcot, and to a lesser extent, MGM. Also it's right next to the Boardwalk.
-Beaches & Cream! The milkshakes are SO GOOD!
-The pool complex. Definitely do the slide.
-I like the theming of the place.
-Art the Greeter

Things not as nice, but still not bad:
-not all rooms at the Beach Club have a full balcony
-transportation to MK, AK, and DTD is by bus only, and that bus usually shares with the Boardwalk and the Swan/Dolphin

MarkC
12-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Agree that the Beach Club is awesome-- it's our favorite resort on property, or anywhere for that matter. You can walk to Epcot in 5 minutes. The bus service is great to everywhere else except the Studios, in which you take a boat ride. That can be a little slow or a little wait, which is our only complaint about the resort. The pool is fantastic and you'll be trying to drag your kid out of it so you can spend some time in the parks. I know-- I've been there. Have fun. Mark

MarkC
12-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Trennedy, sorry I didn't notice this before I posted but I see you are also from Nebraska. If you want to, send me a private message and we'll see if we can correspond a little further. I've meet another family on here from Lincoln and we've since become friends. Mark

LudwigVonDrake
12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
In 2005, I stayed at the Beach Club and LOVED it. The pool is fantastic, the location to Epcot/MGM is convenient and the hotel is beautiful.

If you eat at Beaches and Cream, try the Kitchen Sink :D

sassafras
12-30-2007, 08:05 PM
I love the BC villas. Great transportation to most anywhere, quick walk to Epcot, lots of restaurants. Nice to sit on the beach at night and watch the fireworks over Epcot (can't hear the music, but oh, well...), just a very relaxing place to be. Cape May is a great place to eat, as well as the Yacht Club Galley!

lulu'smom
12-30-2007, 08:17 PM
My family stayed at the Beach Club in October 2007, and we were not impressed with the bus service. You share a bus with the other boardwalk area resorts, plus the bus rides to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are long. That is the trade off for being so close to Epcot and MGM. If you decide to stay at the Beach Club you might want to consider keeping an extra $20 in your pocket for cab fare, just in case.

TammiMcMan
12-30-2007, 11:48 PM
I think the Epcot resort location is great, especially if you will be spending most of your time visiting those two parks. In regards to the bus situation, that's really hard to predict. Depending on the season, the BWI will sometimes end up with their own bus instead of sharing. We've been at the YC in early December and found the bus service to be excellent. That's something you just never know.

If you're convinced that this is the area for you, then I'd recommend doing a bit more research on the resorts to pick the best one for your family. As previously mentioned, the BC has the lowest number of rooms with a full size balcony. If that's important to you, you may want to consider a different resort. The BC also seems to attract a lot of families and the lobby can get very busy due to the character meal. Adults tend to book the YC. Both are just a few minute walk from Epcot. The walk to Hollywood Studios would take about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on your pace. The BWI, Swan and Dolphin are pretty much equidistant from both parks.

I don't think you'll go wrong with any resort you choose, but there may be one that offers exactly what you want.

playdead88
12-31-2007, 08:48 AM
the beach club is aweosme!

1. stormalong bay - best resort pool ever

2. cape may cafe character breakfast - the food is great and there is alot of character time at each table

3. location, location, location - if you love epcot you will love being this close - honestly its a 5-7 min walk to the international gateway

4. the beach - plenty of seating - we spent a lot of time in the evenings at the beach

5. the bus service is prompt and not really that crowded - i think having epcot and mgm so close and also having boats as transportation helps cut down on people riding the bus

we have a plan to stay at a different deluxe resort every year - if it wasn't for that plan we would stay at the beach club every year!!

have a great vacation :mickey:

trennedy
12-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Wow! Thanks for so much great information. I have looked at a lot of different resorts. Last time we stayed at CBR, we liked it, but would like to go to a deluxe this time. We like the convenience of going to Epcot and MGM. Does anyone ever walk thru Epcot and get on the monorail to MK??
We are planning for the end of October 2008. I can't wait!
:mickey:

BronxTigger
12-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Wow! Thanks for so much great information. I have looked at a lot of different resorts. Last time we stayed at CBR, we liked it, but would like to go to a deluxe this time. We like the convenience of going to Epcot and MGM. Does anyone ever walk thru Epcot and get on the monorail to MK??

You can do this, but it would most likely take longer than taking the bus directly.

Walk from Beach Club to International Gateway.
Walk through Epcot and out front entrance through Leave a Legacy and up monorail ramp.
Ride Monorail to TTC.
Transfer to MK Monorail.
Take MK Monorail around loop, walk down ramp and across entrance plaza...MK!

The only reason to do this would be if you really wanted to arrive at the MK by monorail. You'd also have to have a park hopper ticket because you would be entering two parks in one day.

KAT1811
12-31-2007, 11:56 PM
Hate to be the pessimist here but we didn't care for the BC at all. Although it is close in proximity to Epcot it is still quite a walk to get to the park and when you do get there you are in the WS and a walk to the front of the park is extremely long. The other parks still require a bus ride (or boat to the Studios). The standing balconies are ridiculous. Overall we were very unimpressed.

I would recommend staying at one of the monerail resorts if bussing is your main issue. You can take the monerail to Epcot and the MK. IMHO there is much more to do at those resorts and the pricing is about the same. You can watch the EWP from the beach, FW is just a short boat ride away (pony rides, hay rides, petting zoo, campfire movies with the characters) all three monerail resorts are just minutes away meaning TONS of dining and recreation options.

Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll have a great time!!! Remember it's just my opinion.

wendy*darling
01-01-2008, 09:22 AM
I am beginning to plan my next visit and my DH doesn't want to have to worry about taking the buses if at all possible.
There is no resort on property that eliminates buses completely. Not if you want to visit all 4 parks, and possibly Downtown Disney.
The monorail resorts (GF, Poly & Contemporary) all provide the monorail to MK, and to Epcot (with a change of trains). You need buses to everywhere else.
The Epcot resorts (YC, BC, BW, Swan/Dolphin) all allow for boating or walking to Epcot and MGM (DHS;)), but again, buses for everywhere else.
The Wilderness Lodges has a boat to MK and buses to all other places. And the Animal Kingdom Lodge is all bus, all the time.

If you rent a car, you can drive yourself to all the parks, but I am not convinced this is much better than taking the bus (depending on where you park, waiting for the tram, etc.)

Pick a place that has the theming you enjoy. If you are going deluxe, then consider where you like to spend the majority of your time. If it's Epcot/MGM, as you suggested, then the Beach Club is a great choice. I love it there! :thumbsup:

Gotimone
01-01-2008, 11:09 AM
The Yatch/Beach Club would be an excellent choice for you if you want to avoid the buses.. We have stayed at both places and prefer the theming at the beach club more, althought the yatch club is nice too.. As for the buses.. you can walk to MGM Studios or take the boat.. you can walk to Epcot and Boardwalk.. and if you want you can even walk through Epcot and hop the monorail to MK.. all great options.. if you dont mind walking.. The other options are the Boardwalk resort.. and also the Swan and Dolphin.. Which are not as nicely themed but much cheaper than the Boardwalk or the Yatch/Beach Club.. Well Good Luck with your planning.. oh yeah.. if it matters to you.. the pool area at the Yatch/Beach clubs is GREAT !!!

disneyduggan
01-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Well, if you think any of your days might start at MK and finish up at EPCOT...then you are only taking the bus 1 way on an MK day and then to and from AK. The other parks would require no bus. Don't know if that makes sense, but while I don't have any complaints about WDW bus service, I really enjoy taking other forms of Disney transport.:mickey:

We have not booked yet...but I'm really hoping to give BC a try. The only reservation I have is what I read about the balconies. I guess it is not a big deal, but it does seem to show up on people's "con" list.

jakeybake
01-02-2008, 09:49 AM
We stayed at the BC for the first time in August and we will now never stay anywhere else again. This coming from a self described GF nut, who always considered that the ultimate resort.

The pool is phenomenal, an attaction in it's own right. The proximity to Epcot is incredible and I have to differ with a previous poster who said it was a long walk to the International Gateway. If you call 5 minutes a long walk then I guess so but for us it was a quick, leisurly walk over.

The dining options are wonderful as well. You have a great buffet at Cape May Cafe, an amazing upscale restaraunt in Yachtsman Steak House and casual dining at the Yacht Club Galley. You are also right around the way from the Epcot and Boardwalk dining options as well.

Book the BC ASAP!! You will not be sorry. Just look at my signature below from my very picky wife for confirmation on how great the resort is.

Jay

trennedy
01-02-2008, 11:38 AM
I think we are sold!! I am booking the Beach Club next week. I am hoping that I can request a full balcony, but if not, we're fine with that. I think the location and the pool will definately out weigh the possiblility of not having a full balcony. Yeah!! Thanks for all your great advice and suggestions! Now I just have to wait until October!:number1:

Tracey:mickey:

KAT1811
01-02-2008, 11:47 AM
. I am hoping that I can request a full balcony, but if not, we're fine with that. I think the location and the pool will definately out weigh the possiblility of not having a full balcony.

When you chech in just reiterate your request to the CM checking oyu in. When we stayed there we found that we had the standing balcony (we were also traveling with firends in a connecting room) and we went back to the desk and asked if we could be moved to connecting rooms with full balconies and they had no problem moving us. (We were there in September so it was very quiet) it never hurts to ask! Have a great trip!!! I'd stay in a cardboard box if it meant being in WDW!!! (although the resorts are a considerably more comfortable!!!!LOL!!!)

Mackflava99
01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
My DW and i "discuss" about where to go each year and she is always adament about the BC- I normal choose WL, but lose-
BUT when we do go, I always find more and more ways to love the place-

Walking distance from Epcot, Boardwalk and Dolphin/Swan- so alot of close restaurants

Cape May is a great restaurant - excellent seafood buffet and great character bkfst

Beaches and Cream is tremendous- best onion rings around...terrific staff

The Greeter- Art is such a sweet man

The Pool is terrific for kids.

They have fishing boats to rent ( we did it last year- it was terrific )

You can also walk to MGM fairly easily too- a little longer than Epcot but still not bad.

Sometimes at night if my kids pass out early, i may walk to Epcot myself and walk around and see things the kids don't enjoy- its actually THAT close.

They also have a great health club and a Hair salon too that is very reasonable

Its funny, but I really can't say many bad things about it, thats why i normally give in fairly easily.

I have not found the busses to be as bad as they say- The boat to MGM is slow- you can always get off at Dolphin swan and beat the boat back by walking 100% of the time. But its fun too so you are talking about an extra 10 minutes.

as for walking thru Epcot to grab the monorail, i have done it, its not really convienient, speed wise. if you have time to kill, its great, but its a pretty long walk. I did it with my kids in their halloween costumes ( and mine too) and it was longer than i thought it would be.

jefmblrd
01-02-2008, 01:06 PM

We have taken the monorail from Epcot to MK a few times. It's certainly not faster than taking the bus, but it's a lot more pleasant. The only times we have done that is if we start off the morning in Epcot and make our way over to MK a bit later. Otherwise we have taken the bus.

The Beach Club is fantastic by the way; I highly recommend it.

disneyduggan
01-03-2008, 10:19 AM
We are pretty sure we will go for BC this time. I have read that it couldn't hurt to request a full balcony upon check-in. Any other tips or hints to make our stay at Beach Club the best it can be?

Mackflava99
01-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Get a room facing the Epcot fireworks-
You can see them on a clear day very well=