PDA

View Full Version : Who is doing the Deluxe Dining Plan

faberj
12-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Just wondering if anyone out there is doing the new deluxe plan for 2008. My DH and I are going in December and I am having trouble deciding to go with the deluxe plan or just pay OOP. We do want to try Jiko, Cali Grill, and Artist Point this time as we have never eaten at any of Disney's Signature dininging locations. There are also a lot of other TS locations we would like to try.

Sunshine1010
12-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm going Jan. 2nd and we are doing the Deluxe dining plan.

We did it for the fact that we can use a lot of credits for 2-credit TS dinners. There isn't one day that we are eating 3 TS dinners. We made it to where we had a 2-TS once a day.

It's a deal!!!!!

gloriaring
12-30-2007, 07:38 PM
We are using it in Sept. My family loves the convinence of having it "pepaid". We have been and used the dining plan for the past 3 years. I can not imagine going to Disney without it!! :mickey:

wendy*darling
12-30-2007, 09:31 PM
We love the DDP! :thumbsup:

When we go in October for the Food & Wine Fest, we are debating whether or not to even do the regular DDP. But I think that's what we will do. No way would we go Deluxe with so many grazing opportunities. :mickey:

When we go back in Jan '09 after our New Year's Cruise, we are leaning heavily toward the Deluxe DDP. BUT... that will be in 2009, and who knows what our options will be then! :confused: I hope the Deluxe Plan still exists. My sons are anxious to do as many 2 TS places as we can! (All the places we never took them before ;))

TheDuckRocks
12-31-2007, 11:23 AM
We are doing the Deluxe Dining Plan next Dec. and can hardly wait. We are going for 5 nights and plan on using 2TS credits for signature dining every night.:cloud9: The other credit each day we will use for either a late buffet breakfast or a early TS lunch.
So far we think we would like to try:
Jiko
Flying Fish Cafe
Narcoossee's
Artist Point
and Yachtsman Steakhouse
(I would kind of like to go to California Grill but for some reason it doesn't appeal to my husband at all.:confused:)

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-31-2007, 11:43 AM
:party: Looking at the menu prices for the restaurant's you mentioned, the deluxe would probably be a good value for you....have fun!

Hayden's Dad
12-31-2007, 01:56 PM
We will be using it when we go this year it is alot easier to do and not keep track of how many CS, Snack, and TS we have left. Plus it opens up a lot more dining options during your trip. Have fun

drhama
01-01-2008, 02:10 AM
We did the Deluxe Plan for our trip in Sept. We took advantage of the bounce back program and got free basic dining. Added the deluxe for about what we usually spend for CS meals and Denny's. Even paying the tip ourselves, it still works out for us. The ability to try the signature restaurants makes the deal.
I really don't like how the changes in the plan went down. Probably would not use the plan if we did not get the basic for free. Sounds like the servers get the short end of the stick and Disney pockets the rest.

Dznygrl79
01-01-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm thinking of using the deluxe when we go down in October but I can't find a break down on table service or counter service anywhere. Also we are annual pass holders and I know you have to buy MYW tix to get it can I buy just one day and then purchase the meal plan for length of stay?

TheDuckRocks
01-01-2008, 04:10 PM
The deluxe plan gives you 3 meal and 2 snack credits per person, per night of your package stay. The credits do not break down to TS and CS credits, so you are able to have breakfast, lunch and dinner all at TS restaurants each day if that would be what you wanted. Or I guess you could used them all for CS meals but that would really be a waste of money. Each person also gets a resort refillable mug.
Your number of nights is what they use to count how many meal credits you receive not how many days are on your MYW tickets. So yes, you only need to buy 1day MYW tickets for each person.

AlvyOT08
01-02-2008, 05:22 PM
My best friend and I are doing the deluxe dining for our Jan trip. We figured this way all our meals would be paid for and we wouldn't have to worry about it. Were also eating at some 2 TS credit places, like CRT and Narcoosee's. We like that we have the option and are eating and a bunch of new places for us. Were exctied. Looking at the menus makes me so hungry!:mickey: