PDA

View Full Version : Epcot CENTER- Here We Come!!!

DrWorm2008
12-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey, Gang! :rocks:
Well, I'm headed to Epcot CENTER with my "betrothed" on Friday, January 4th! I'm hoping some of the crowds will have died down by then.
Does anyone have any "gems" about Epcot CENTER to share? Keep in mind, I know WDW inside and out, but my fiancee' has not been in many years. I open the floor to all of you! Maybe I will see some of you there! I'll be the guy with the cute girl and a big smile on my face! :mickey:
I think we'll be eating at the San Angel Inn that night and watching Reflections of Earth near Mexico. Has there been any word about a change in the nighttime fireworks program for Epcot? i say why change a good thing? But I've said that for a LOT of things they have changed over the years....siggghhhhhh......

RedheadWriter
12-30-2007, 04:36 PM
And to think...you get to visit Epcot 3 weeks later with a certain Redhead from RI ...you are one heck of a lucky guy. :thumbsup:

DrWorm2008
12-30-2007, 04:43 PM
And to think...you get to visit Epcot 3 weeks later with a certain Redhead from RI ...you are one heck of a lucky guy. :thumbsup:
I KNOW! And a smart, funny, talented, and amazingly beautiful redhead at that! I count my blessings every day! :marg:

BronxTigger
12-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Well there's the typical don't miss stuff like Soarin', Mission Space, and Test Track. I like to wander through World Showcase and take my time. The backs of the pavilions are pretty cool, especially if you go to the back of Morocco, UK, and Japan (the Koi poind/waterfall).

Also, there's the robot race/make a robot activity in Innoventions. It's target audience is little kids but my friend and I had a great time anyways.

Also there is the 25th Anniversary exhibit in Innoventions somewhere; I wanted to see it buy forgot on the day I was there.

DrWorm2008
12-30-2007, 06:59 PM
I love the Robot Race! :mickey: I actually used to take care of the koi pond in Japan when I worked for Epcot Science in 2000. It is really beautiful. :nemo: Thanks for the tips!:balloon:

JPL
12-30-2007, 09:17 PM
I love to grab some food and sit and watch the fountain while I eat a nice relaxing meal :thumbsup:

DrWorm2008
12-31-2007, 08:30 AM
I love to grab some food and sit and watch the fountain while I eat a nice relaxing meal :thumbsup:

Definitely a cool thing to do. The fountain ROCKS! :number1:

JerseyDad
12-31-2007, 04:31 PM
....this may seem like such a small observation....but the background music at Epcot...(to me)...gives it a feeling of being in a Utopian city...with a sense of excitement and wonder of what might lie around the next bend.

....(is that too dramatic an observation?)

KAT1811
12-31-2007, 11:32 PM
I love Epcot there is SO much that the park offers. I love being able to explore the future and learn about technology and science and then stroll the countries and learn about different cultures. I love that my children learn so much and have fun doing it. I love the rides too but Epcot just seems to have so much to offer.

KAT1811
12-31-2007, 11:35 PM
.. but the background music at Epcot...(to me)...gives it a feeling of being in a Utopian city...with a sense of excitement and wonder of what might lie around the next bend.

How nice it would be if the whole world could be that way. I guess that is why I love WDW so much I feel like I am in Utopia if only for a couple of weeks!!! Lets keep our fingers crossed for the new year. That it finally brings peace and harmony, just like we all find in WDW.

Hull-onian
01-01-2008, 06:15 PM
I voted for Animal Kingdom. I feel very relaxed there. I love the atmosphere of the park. I enjoy the trail walks and going to Harambe. Asia's walk through is very beautiful, especially with the tigers. The kids love Dino Land and Bug's Life. Who can by pass Lion King in Camp Minnie Mickey, it is just grand.

biodtl
01-02-2008, 03:45 PM
I love them all, but I'd have to rank MGM 4th, AK 3rd, Epcot 2nd and MK 1st. Epcot is a very close second, but nothing beats the magic of MK for me.

GrmGrninGost
01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Take your time. Enjoy yourself. Take full advantage of Fastpasses! :mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
01-02-2008, 06:34 PM
It's actually a toss up between Mk and Epcot. I chose MK since my son favors that park more and we do tend to spend more time there.

DizneyFreak2002
01-02-2008, 07:16 PM
I love Magic Kingdom.... Epcot is my second favorite park, with Animal Kingdom moving to 3rd and Hollywood Studios in dead last...

Jillirose
01-02-2008, 08:57 PM
We go straight to Soarin' and while there, pick up a fast pass for later, or if lines are short - ride again!

We like the Land (or is is the Garden Grill) for dinner, I just read you can get re-hitched there, which we will do next time.:) It is one place to easily maximize the time with characters and get oodles of pics. Plus, it's just fun to sit in the big booth and watch the scenery.

It's fun to look for hidden Mickeys at all the parks, especially while waiting in line. I bought the book last year, and we all had a lot of fun looking at our favorite attractions. :mickey:

madi47
01-03-2008, 06:24 AM
While Epcot used to be my family's favorite, we now choose Animal Kingdom. We just love the sights there. Epcot is still up there but we have had some of the best times in Animal Kingdom.:mickey:

4ubie1
01-03-2008, 09:54 AM
I had to vote for EPCOT. But Magic Kingdom was a very close second. I just like wondering around the different countries, shopping and eating along the way. It is heavenly not to have to rush from attraction to attraction. :walk:

mjaclyn
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Even though the Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, I still LOVE Epcot. One of the best things to do in Epcot is to take your time around the World Showcase. Grab a times guide and see the shows in each country. I especially like the acrobats in China and the Impressions De France movie. It's also neat to taste something from each country. During our last trip DH and I tasted the School Bread from Norway for the first time. DH also LOVES Khaki Gori from Japan, and one of my favorite shops is the Japanese food shop where I can buy weird (but tastey!) candy.

Figgyluv03
01-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Honestly, I love the three main parks and can do without Animal Kingdom, although, I want to hit that park one of my days just so I can ride EE.

Jobasha3000
01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
I would recommend the imagination ride if only because the last few years I've gone I've been able to walk on with no line and ride it through 4-5 times

KAJUNKING
01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I love them all, but I'd have to rank MGM 4th, AK 3rd, Epcot 2nd and MK 1st. Epcot is a very close second, but nothing beats the magic of MK for me.

:ditto: although i really love epcot, its hard for me to rank it above mk :mickey:

RAIDER
01-04-2008, 03:47 AM
It always will be Epcot for me so much to do and the restuarants are the best and the rides are fantastic :mickey::thumbsup:

animalkingdomguy
01-06-2008, 11:34 PM
My stomach loves EPCOT, the biologist in me loves Animal Kingdom, but the kid in me goes for MK. It will always be my favorite.

prttynpnk
01-07-2008, 08:51 AM
You've summed up my feelings,too!

I voted for Animal Kingdom. I feel very relaxed there. I love the atmosphere of the park. I enjoy the trail walks and going to Harambe. Asia's walk through is very beautiful, especially with the tigers. The kids love Dino Land and Bug's Life. Who can by pass Lion King in Camp Minnie Mickey, it is just grand.

jszczur5
01-08-2008, 02:02 AM
Not fair - too hard, I couldn't choose just one. I will, however, pick AK as our least favourite. The others all have various elements that appeal.
MK - the original - so much to do! Feels like Walt's touch is still very much a part of the place. Splash, HM, CoP, PotC, Philhamagic - love them all. Hey, I even love IASW!
MGM - needs more stuff, but I could ride R'n'RC and ToT all day.
EPCOT - Feels like 2 separate parks in one, home to Soarin'. A park we can re-visit 3 or 4 times in a 10 day trip.
AK - a half day park at best. In by 9, out by 12:30 before the heat and humidity kill you. Even with the addition of EE, there just isn't enough to do. EE, KS, Dinosaur, sometimes KRR and then back to the hotel for a rest and a swim before closing out the day at a "real" park.

DrWorm2008
01-09-2008, 08:44 PM
....this may seem like such a small observation....but the background music at Epcot...(to me)...gives it a feeling of being in a Utopian city...with a sense of excitement and wonder of what might lie around the next bend.

I couldn't have said it better. :thumbsup:I have ALWAYS thought that way about Epcot CENTER. So serene, yet so COOL!:cloud9:

DrWorm2008
01-09-2008, 08:48 PM
We go straight to Soarin' and while there, pick up a fast pass for later, or if lines are short - ride again!

We like the Land (or is is the Garden Grill) for dinner, I just read you can get re-hitched there, which we will do next time.:) It is one place to easily maximize the time with characters and get oodles of pics. Plus, it's just fun to sit in the big booth and watch the scenery.

It's fun to look for hidden Mickeys at all the parks, especially while waiting in line. I bought the book last year, and we all had a lot of fun looking at our favorite attractions. :mickey:
YES! The Land is my favorite! :number1:I used to work there, and I love the atmosphere and openness of the pavilion. I REALLY miss the fountain in the middle. I know they got rid of it to provide more seating, but it really didn't make that much of a difference, and it was so peaceful to get a table right by the fountain! :cloud9:

DrWorm2008
01-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Even though the Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, I still LOVE Epcot. One of the best things to do in Epcot is to take your time around the World Showcase. Grab a times guide and see the shows in each country. I especially like the acrobats in China and the Impressions De France movie. It's also neat to taste something from each country. During our last trip DH and I tasted the School Bread from Norway for the first time. DH also LOVES Khaki Gori from Japan, and one of my favorite shops is the Japanese food shop where I can buy weird (but tastey!) candy.
Oh my gosh- again, you nailed right on the head of what I like most about Epcot. :mickey:I LOVE the France pavilion and the movie. I could listen to that score over and over again! :cloud9:The acrobats in China are awesome, and I LOVE the Japanese food and gift shop! I spend a little too much than I should every time I go there. :thedolls: And let's not forget the koi pond. So peaceful and inspirational! :thumbsup: