PDA

View Full Version : How Busy Will Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend be at the Parks?

jenfriend
12-30-2007, 04:09 PM
We have 4 full days at WDW and are staying onsite. We have hopper tickets for 2 days plus the points for water parks, etc.

Which 2 days should we go into the parks? We're planning on MK and Hollywood Studios. We could go to MK on Thurs. (early magic hour) and HS on Friday to avoid the main crowds. However, we're coming in very late Wed., so another option could be HS on Fri. and MK on Sun. (evening magic hours), but we're assuming crowds will be at max on Sunday.

If you've been to WDW this time of year, advise us on what we should do. Thanks.

SpaceMtn101
12-30-2007, 06:40 PM
It will be busy all weekend from fri til monday. Doing EMH at night is an extra 3 hrs comparable to an hour on Thursday. The night EMH will still be busy but after the first hour it dies down once the transition from day guest to emh guests. It will be pretty crowded no matter where u go just be prepared for crowds.
Crowds dont die down til about end of jan to the beginning of feb.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-31-2007, 05:21 AM
I have to disagree on that, SpaceMtn. We always go for MLK day (it's a 3-day holiday!) and we've never had much of a wait or crowds. Mostly around 15-20 minutes, with some of the bigger rides around 30. A huge difference compared to the 90 minute wait for Dumbo this week.

Altair
12-31-2007, 08:41 AM
It will be more crowded than an average off-season weekend, but not near as bad as peak season. Try to avoid MK on Saturday or Sunday. :mickey:

SpaceMtn101
12-31-2007, 09:30 AM
i worked last mlk day at mk and we had about 1 hr wait for space all weekend and depending 101s it will go up ... it was bout 20 to 30 min during EMH...

i was just going by what i saw when i worked last yr.... MK was really busy

WDWfanatic742
12-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Here's a couple factors why I think this year is a little different:

1) My semester ends this year on MLK weekend. That means that our last day is that Thursday, and we have Friday through Tuesday off. 5 Day Weekend.

2) Nearly every on property hotel that I have looked for during that weekend has been sold out for awhile now.