PDA

View Full Version : Personalized bricks outside of MK

Boost
12-30-2007, 03:26 PM
As we all know, it has been seven years since WDW ended its sale of the personalized bricks outside of Magic Kingdom, etc. Each time our family goes to the parks, we occasionally remark about the empty bricks that are still in place. Does anyone know why WDW ended this great program? Does anyone have opinions on whether or not it will be continued in the future? We are aware of the Leave a Legacy deal at EPCOT, but for some reason, that has absolutely zero appeal to our family. Thanks for any info...

DizneyRox
12-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Last I heard, it was still possible to get a brick. Current price is around $300 per brick with openings near MK and near the Poly/Wedding Pavillion.

The Walk Around the World program was ended to make room for the Leave a Legacy. Ther are currently no plans to repoen the Walk Around the World program that I know of. I do think there is a 10 year promise on the bricks, at which point they can probably replace them. I think mine replaced someone elses recently.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-30-2007, 10:05 PM
We have a brick down by the beach from our honeymoon in 1996. We checked to make sure it was still there and in good shape in September when we were there. It was. :thumbsup:

I would love to get one for my kids but, the price increase from our original is steep.:rub: