PDA

View Full Version : How long in advance can you book a trip? and uh a few more ??

Ms.Disney
12-30-2007, 02:10 PM
I was wondering how long in advance can you book a trip? I would like to know because depending on how long we have to pay for the trip the "nicer" the trip can be. :mickey: We are AP holders that live in Orlando, we have only stayed on site once (seeing how we live in Orlando) and that was our honeymoon. We feel in love with WDW even more then:cloud9:, we want to plan another trip but I really want it to be spectacular.:party: I also have another question :blush: When we stayed on site for our honeymoon it was Sept. 07. It was really hot :flame: (even for us and we live here) So our next trip we take I want to go in Jan. or Feb. I have been reading that the crowds are less then. I know the weather will be nicer, but seeing how Jan./ Feb. is not value season does anyone know about how much more it would cost?

Willful
12-30-2007, 02:34 PM
I wish I could help with the booking out question. Shannon and I generally book only a few months out. I'd recommend going in January. Maybe just after the marathon weekend. Crowds are very light. The weather is very nice. And the holiday decorations might still be up. As an AP holder, you can try to get room discounts. But I think they're only out about 6 months early. Although I could only find AP room discounts 'til 2/13/08. You can always call WDW or a travel agent and ask about AP discounts.

And the trip cost will depend on what type of resort and extras you want.

Even if you can't book directly with WDW far in advance, you can always start saving yourself...putting money aside each week 'til you can book with Disney.

HTH
:thumbsup:

Nascfan
12-30-2007, 04:01 PM
You can book about a year in advance.

stitchcousin
12-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Yes, at least a year in advance, though two years ago I did it 18 months out. The nice thing about it is that you get the price effective when you book, and I saved a lot of money when Disney increased the prices (usually first of the year)!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
12-31-2007, 10:50 AM
...So our next trip we take I want to go in Jan. or Feb. I have been reading that the crowds are less then. I know the weather will be nicer, but seeing how Jan./ Feb. is not value season does anyone know about how much more it would cost?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that Jan/Feb are in fact considered value season (after like, the 6th of Jan...).

Someone verify for me...

TheDuckRocks
12-31-2007, 11:06 AM
I have read "somewhere" that you can make room only reservations up to 500 days in advance. I know that I have 4 times now made ressies well over a year ahead of time.
As for value season - currently and in years past I believe that about Jan. first through mid Feb. is in the value season time frame.

magicofdisney
12-31-2007, 07:13 PM
For the last several years, value season began after the first weekend in January. It usually runs through mid February. You can book an AP rate without the AP, but make sure you have it in hand when you check in. Magical Journeys (specifically, Wendy) would be an invaluable asset for trip planning. They can book for you and then get you any discounts offered, usually before you're aware they've been released.

Eeyore's My Favorite
12-31-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm about 1 1/2hrs East of WDW and we book our "room only" ressies about 2 months out. We're going in January this year starting on MLK Day for just 3 days, but we're staying at ASMu. I booked as soon as the AP rates came out & got $49 per night at a value which was great for us because we're in the parks more than we are in the rooms. I understand from reading this board & a couple of others that the AP rates on all rooms go very quickly so you need to book ASAP when they're announced. :mickey: