PDA

View Full Version : Count your blessings -- 2007

TikiGoddess
12-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Time to list all the events (big or small) that the year has blessed us with! List as many as you'd like!

I'll start:

I found a new choir to sing with -- and have enjoyed every moment of it. Singing in the choir has a special magic to it that keeps me alive musically.

I found a new hobby -- running. I went from not exercising at all to now needing to exercise every other day. It's done wonders for my self-esteem and energy level.

After teaching in the same district for seven years, I finally have my own room. It is heaven and has made all the difference in my teaching this year.

How can I forget the Intercot meet in October?? While the support and info of Intercot during the year is a wonderful thing, meeting the other crazy Disney people was a wonderful thing.

And now I wonder what new things I will discover in 2008. May the new year bring you many blessings!

Kathy

disneydeb
12-30-2007, 02:01 AM
I have been very blessed this year:

My precious grandson Gage was born April 30 and is now the highlight of my life.

I got to go to Disney in October and ride the extreme rides I have had to miss the last 10 years or so, with my Doctor's permission.

I had the priviledge of meeting many of my Intercot friends at the meet in October.

Dsnygirl
12-30-2007, 02:16 AM
:) Kathy, what a great thread!!

Let's see... I'd have to say that the number one biggest thing I'm thankful for that happened in 2007 was the selling of our house, and our subsequent move to Marcellus. It's the perfect spot for us, and although we haven't found our permanent house here yet, it's definitely home to us, and exactly what we need.

I'm very thankful for our chance to go to the Intercot meet in October... that was a wonderful thing for us, for me especially, as I'd been pretty certain it wasn't going to be able to happen. I love this site, and to be able to put faces with names and meet all the wonderful people involved here was terrific. Plus, being able to get away with my DH for a weekend was one of the best things we could have done!!

I'm also very thankful that we finally found a new church home... we'd been looking ever since we moved and feeling very lonely without one... but we found one in early December, and have really been enjoying going. It's the boost we need each week!

I am also thankful for the newest member of our family - our kitten, Quincy. We have another older cat and a dog, but Quincy "replaced" my dear cat that we had to put down last year, and there's been a hole in my heart ever since. He has made me smile countless times, and cheered me on those days where I just can't find cheer on my own!

Let's see... I'm also thankful for an Intercot "mini-meet" we were able to have at the Niagara Falls in November... it was wonderful to see friends we'd met in October and meet new friends that we'd previously only known online. Plus, it was the weekend of my birthday, and it made it very special!!

Most of all, I have to say I am thankful for my family and for how wonderful they are... I have a wonderful DH who loves and supports my Disney/Intercot addiction (and who finally joined the craziness here!! :D) and two wonderful girls who are healthy and happy... we have been very blessed this past year, and I can only look forward to what 2008 has in store for us!!

comicguy
12-30-2007, 09:10 AM
In 2007......

I am thankful that, I was lucky and got a teaching job at a residential facility for teen boys(it was an hour from home) but over the summer that job landed me a new permenant position at a local school teaching self contained special education to middle school students(20 mins from home). I come home each day totally wiped but I simply love it!!!

I also thankful that the new teaching job allows to pay down debt that we have aquired during the last 4 years since I graduated college.(much less stress in our lives now)

I am thankful that my family has for the most part come out of the year healthy.

I am sure there are more things thta I am forgetting but I am thankful for all of them!!!!!

RedheadWriter
12-30-2007, 10:17 AM
1. I am thankful for becoming involved on INtercot after being a lurker for quite a while! The community spirit and friendship with other Disney fans is incredible. I am looking forward to meeting as many as I can.:hug:
2. I am thankful for finally deciding to tackle making one of my dreams a reality and seriously start working on my first novel.:write: In turn, I have been able to meet some women who are published authors. I want to surround myself with people who have been where I want to go.
3. I am thankful I sparked up the courage to do what was necessary to get a 'friend' (who was using me shamelessly)out of my life. I took what he had to say at face value, never knowing the truth until one day something clicked and I saw him for what he was. I was so happy when I finally let him go. Ex wives are wonderful sources of truth. (He hated Disney, by the way :doh:)
4. I am thankful that my Dad is becoming a Disney fan as much as my mom and I. My parents situation is strange (they have been separated for 13 years, never divorced, still friends and get along well...I don;t ask. I am thankful, as an only child, to have parents that do get along!) It is nice to be able to enjoy the parks with both them when my Dad drives up to WDW to meet us.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!! Brightest blessings to all of you for a magical year where your dreams come true!:pixie:
Rachel

princessgirls
12-30-2007, 02:12 PM
What a Great Post!!

Thanks Kathy!!

I am thankful for:

1. A great husband, healthy children and a supportive family, and a good strong church family.

2. That we were able to sell our home in this terrible market and buy a great house in a nice neighborhood. Even if it took living with my Mom for four months to make it all come together.

3. With two moves, we still got to go to Disney TWICE this year. One time with friends, and one time the four of us.

God has truly blessed us this year. We are very Thankful.

May your 2008 be Healthy and Happy.

Julie:mickey:

pink
12-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Great thread!:thumbsup:

I'm thankful for...

- Graduating high school
- Getting into my dream college
- My dad finding a new job that he loves
- My brother having good days at school (he's autistic)
-Finding my boyfriend (I don't know what I would do without him now that I have him, he has helped me every day through my sickness)
- Being able to go to Disney World with my family and grandma this past June
- Having a great job with people that make me laugh and that I love

:mickey:

princessjojo
12-30-2007, 04:35 PM
I love this thread...

I am thankful that after 3 years we are about to be released by my son's doctor.
I am thankful that I have a great husband that has been able to take care of my family allowing me to stay in school and unemployed at the same time.
I am thankful that though I am unemployed, my DH still didn't get mad or angry when I purchased our DVC during a time of desperation.
I am thankful that I have made new friends who are loving and caring about other and themselves.
I am thankful that we have rain today.:rain:
I am thankful that I have a home, car, food & a family even when I dislike any of them.
I am thankful for the unexpected gifts received each day, such as lessons learned from strangers.Enough for now, others are too deep to list at the time...

Diznee4Me
12-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Thankful:
we all stayed relatively healthy this year

that we have decent jobs that allow us to take care of our needs/wants

for our church - even with its problems

for friends and family

Bring it on 2008!

Momof2boys
12-31-2007, 02:17 PM
In 2007, I'm grateful that :

* I decided to study for my Project Management Professional Test (PMP), which I passed in August

* I decided to stick it out in my current job

* Our family was able to take 2 family vacations - Road trip to Graceland in April, and WDW in October

* We decided to build a new home (and crossing our fingers our current home will sell when we list it)

* My family has stayed healthy

* Our family was able to support each other after my FIL passed away in February

* I became PTO co-President, so I can be more involved in the boys' school

Wishing a wonderful 2008 to everyone . . .

rt207
12-31-2007, 10:41 PM
Such an easy one for me this year...

I am so grateful to have brought my son home in August.:baby::cloud9:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-01-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm thankful that my 4 year old nephew has been reasonably healthy since his last transfusion in March.
I'm thankful that my new baby nephew is also healthy.
I'm thankful that my mom is still around and just celebrated her 80th birthday on 12/18.
I hope that everyone has all their dreams come true in 2008.