PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show on DDP??

Thumper03
12-29-2007, 08:17 PM
We've never experienced this dinner show, and are debating whether or not to go with the DDP for our February trip. If we do, it will work out nicely to use two TS meals for Spirit of Aloha.

I see that DDP guests can only reserve level 2 or 3 seating...is there a bad seat in the house? Should this matter at all? How's the food, the atmosphere, etc?

Just looking for opinions.:mickey:

Thanks!!

DizneyRox
12-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Personally, I think all the seats are bad, but that might just be the taste left in my mouth from last time I saw the show.

If you must use two TS credits for one meal, which really isn't a good value, I would suggest you use them for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review.

While some people enjoy the luau, there are many times less negative reviews of HDD. While you may like HDD, playing the odds says that you'll surely have a good time at HDD.

At the HDD, there isn't a bad seat in the house, and the food is good old fashioned comfort food (fried chicken, straw ... berry ... short ... cake, ribs, fantastic corn bread, etc.

Jared
12-30-2007, 08:17 AM
If you must use two TS credits for one meal, which really isn't a good value, I would suggest you use them for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review.
I agree, not like my opinion particularly matters if you want to see Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show. Still, it's a very unpopular experience not worth two table service credits on the Disney Dining Plan. If you need an excuse to spend extra credits, I suggest trying one of the signature restaurants or the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue at Fort Wilderness.

TheRustyScupper
12-30-2007, 01:44 PM
1) Using a DDP TS coupon is a BAD value for
. . . any character meal
. . . any breakfast
. . . many lunches
2) Using 2-TS coupons is a TERRIBLE value for
. . . any 2-TS character meal
. . . any 2-TS dinner show (especially Mickey BBQ)
3) You need to get about $28-$33 value per TS coupon.
4) Thus, you lose $7-$18 per coupon for the meals above.

dolphinmickey9170
12-30-2007, 03:10 PM
We really didn't mind the show, the food was good, but the view wasn't we had a large pole in front of us, a very tall person, and screaming kids who wanted nothing but the uncrustable pbutter sandwiches they brought. :mad:

If you really want to use 2 TS credits for a signature meal, may I suggest California Grill. Well worth every moment and every morsal. YUMMYYYY!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thumper03
12-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the input. After looking at various reviews on this board and others, there appear to be extremes in the level of satisfaction. I didn't find one person who used DDP that felt the show was worth using the additional credits...and as I looked at it from the perspective of actual food in our stomachs versus, just dollars...it's not. I think when/if we choose to take in this show, we will book it OoP at Tier 1 seating.

We've been to Hoop-Dee-Doo and really enjoyed it, though I would have to use the same logic for using DDP credits. To maximize the value, you have to get the actual meal, not just the dollars.

Thanks all for the heads up!:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
12-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Correct, as I said (and others) in terms of dollar value, they are a horrible "deal". But, if you must, then there are much better options than the luau. The Hoop Dee Doo being the only other dinner show on property (unless I forgot something) which is why I suggested it.

princessgirls
01-01-2008, 09:23 PM
We really enjoyed the luau show. We were on the DDP, but paid out of pocket for Tier 1 seating. It was a surprise to me from my DH. The food was decent, not out of this world, our girls REALLY thought it was cool, and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

Enjoy!

Julie:mickey:

mickeymousedabomb
01-03-2008, 11:42 AM
We Went In Nov On The Ddp And Went To The Luau For Our T-day Dinner And Loved It! We Were In Tier 2 And Were Right In The Front Row Against The Railing And Saw Everything Perfectly. The Dd's Thought It Was A Great Memory For Their 1st Thanksgiving Away From Home As Did Gramie And I. We Have Nothing To Complain About The Show At All. We Were Very Happy Using 2 Ts Credits For The Show But Feel The Next Time Around We Would Try A Different 2 Ts Dinner Like The Hoop De Doo. We Have Nothing To Say Bad A Bout The Spirit Show. I Guess You Just Will Have To Try It For Yourselves Once To Be Able To Comment On It. I Say Try It For The Expierence. Good Luck!!

jszczur5
01-03-2008, 02:53 PM
1) Using a DDP TS coupon is a BAD value for
. . . any character meal
. . . any breakfast
. . . many lunches
2) Using 2-TS coupons is a TERRIBLE value for
. . . any 2-TS character meal
. . . any 2-TS dinner show (especially Mickey BBQ)
3) You need to get about $28-$33 value per TS coupon.
4) Thus, you lose $7-$18 per coupon for the meals above.

Well thank you Rusty, you just talked me out of it. My sons were lukewarm about going anyway - they were just going to go along with it because I wanted to. We have now freed up 2 TS credits: 1 for a second trip to Le Cellier and 1 for maybe a second trip to Boma???