PDA

View Full Version : How possible is this?

BrerGnat
12-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Hey guys. Thought I'd post this here since you all might have more knowledge about this than in the general accommodations forum (but feel free to move it if I'm wrong, mods!)

How possible is it for a NON-DVC member to book a 2 bedroom unit at the Beach Club Villas, through Disney, for sometime in May 2009?

I am asking this because EVERY time I try to put in dates for a booking at BCV through www.disneyworld.com, the BCV are NEVER available as an option. I have tried every month in 2008 (since they won't accept reservations for 2009 yet, I was just trying to figure out pricing/availability based on this year).

I also know that BCV are the most popular in the DVC, due to their location. I know if you are a DVC member and your home resort is NOT the BCV, it's pretty hard to get in there in the 7 month window.

I wonder how early Disney releases rooms for non-DVC member bookings, since they have to allow
DVC members to utilize the 11 and 7 month windows. Does this mean that they only release these to the general public less than 7 months out? Or, do they have an allocation of rooms for cash reservations available? If so, how early can you book these (room only, not package).

I ask because we are planning our first family trip out there around April/May 2009 (when DH returns from his deployment). We definitely want an Epcot resort, but need a 2 br villa to accommodate everyone who is going. Since BWV doesn't have 2 br villas, BCV is our only choice. We are not interested in any other DVC locations. If we could not get in at BVC, we will stay in 2 rooms at the Yacht Club, but the full kitchen and in room washer/dryer are VERY important to us, so we really want to try to get a villa.

Ian
12-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I'd try Magical Journeys, Nat. I'm sure they can take care of it for you.

Hammer
12-29-2007, 05:08 PM
I second Ian's suggestion to try Magical Journeys. Also, Boardwalk Villas does have 2 bedroom Villas, so that is an option for you to stay in the Epcot area. Nanci and the ladies of MJ will get all the info for you.

dlpmikki
12-29-2007, 05:20 PM
You could also consider renting points from a DVC member who owns at BCV. Not quite as straightforward as direct from Disney but an option.

BrerGnat
12-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks everyone! I will definitely go through MJ (already used them once before), I was just more wondering how likely I would be to actually be able to book this for May, which appears to be a busy month.

As we narrow down dates, I'll contact MJ for sure!

Ian
12-29-2007, 06:42 PM
I can tell you for a fact that there were no 2 BR's at BCV for the May time frame I was looking at (2nd week).

I think Boardwalk had some, though.