PDA

View Full Version : Lunch/Dinner help in the 4 parks

beautifultomorrowgal
12-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Hello! We just booked our 2nd trip to Disney yesterday! We arrive this January 27th! We visited Disney 4 years ago and it was MAGICAL, but we starved ourselves! This trip we would like to have a few nice lunch/dinners. We are staying on the Concierge level at WL so we plan to eat breakfast there and maybe a few late dinners. We also have an 8 year old son. What suggestions do you have for each park? Please help - do you think it will be to late to get reservations? Thanks!:mickey:

Tinkerbellfan
12-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Hello,

Just a quick thought, the Wildness Lodg serves there dinner time appetizers from 5p to 7pm each night. In addition to cheese & crackers, vegtables and dip, PB&J sandwiches, it also serves one hot dish and one hot soup each night. We really enjoyed it. But, I wanted to point out the time for you since you mentioned a "late dinner" at the conciege and I didn't want you to plan on getting back at the resort at 8pm thinking you can have dinner when all that would be being served is dessert.

For Animal Kingdom, we generally take the AKL resort bus to Bomas. It is a wonderful restaurant - I think much better than any restaurant at the park.

When we are at MK, we generally take the monorail over to a restaurant at one of the monorail resorts. You can then take a boat back from the CR that goes directly to the WL. We like O'Hanas or Kona Cafe for a meal on the cheaper side. Kona is a better option for lunch since O'Hana isn't open for lunch.

Epcot has the best restaurents in opinion. WE love LeCellier and Rose & Crown. They are both small so they may be harder to get ADRs now. We also enjoyed the restauants at France and Japan.

We never dine at MGM. We generally drive over to the Beach Club and eat at Beaches & Cream. It is a wonderful 50 themed dinner but ADRs are not taken.

I would also recommend trying Wispering Canyon at the WL. It is fun and has some good meals.

Enjoy the concierge. We had a wonderful experience there in December!

Kairi_7378
12-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Are you on the dining plan? As for reservations, you may have a hard time getting the VERY popular restaurants like LeCellier and Cinderella's Royal Table but you should be okay for most of the other restaurants.

We like to balance our TS meals with CS meals when we are in Disney World, because if we eat a sit down meal each day we would explode! Therefore, I'm going to list our favorite TS and CS options.

AK: In park, Flame Tree BBQ (very large portions, CS); out of park, Boma (TS)

MGM: In the park, Brown Derby or snacks from the carts

Epcot: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the restaurants here. I'd avoid Electric Umbrella in favor of some of the more unique offerings in the World Showcase or Sunshine Seasons. Garden Grill smells really good but I haven't tried it.

MK: We like Columbia Harbor House (CS) and Cosmic Ray's (CS). For sit down meals I would go to Kona at the Poly or to Artist's Point in WL.

#1donaldfan
12-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Welcome to Intercot.......I see your from WV..we are too.....I don't know what kind of luck you'll have with ADR's in that amount of time, but I'd try a couple anyway....there are a lot of CS meals that are just as good as any TS. We like Pizzafari at AK, Columbia Harbour House at MK, Tolcua Leg Turkey at MGM, and Yorkshire Fish Shoppe at Epcot....these are just a few counter service places that offer very, very good food, and no ressie required. If you can get ressies, I love Fulton's at Dtd, and I hear the Yak and Yeti is very good, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to on our '08 trip.....I hope you have a great time..:thumbsup:

mulderxcoltrane
12-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Some of our favorites-
At MGM: Backlot Express(CS)- they have grilled paninis that are so good!
Mama Melrose(TS)- we really enjoyed this!
At MK: Columbia Harbor House(CS)- it's kind of overlooked, so it's a nice break from the crowds. The apple dumpling is good for dessert.
Liberty Tree(TS)- lunch or dinner is good- portions are really big at lunch. Dinner is served family style and is a character meal w/ really good character interaction.
At AK: Flame Tree BBQ(CS)- The portions are big and so good!
At Epcot: Sunshine Seasons(CS)- Something for everyone and a great bakery counter!
Le Cellier(TS)- The best steak my husband has ever eaten! ADRs are needed- we were there last week and heard them turn people away, saying they were full till April.

Hull-onian
12-30-2007, 11:00 AM
You have lots of good choices. You are right. You need to be able sit,relax and enjoy yourself for about an hour or so. It is good to get out of crowds for awhile. In Liberty Square in the MK we like Liberty Tree Tavern. Not too expensive and really laid back. Our fav there. In Epcot we like the Mexican Cantina, no ressies required and the food is very good. At Hollywood Studios we like the Prime Time 50's cafe or for a quick snack Toy Story Pizza is very good. Then in Animal Kingdom, (not too sure if ressies are required) Tusker House. It is a buffet now. Flametree BBQ is excellent too, which is counter service. No matter where you pick, you cannot go wrong. Have fun on your trip, say "Hi" to Mickey for me, as I am going to see him "Real Soon".

dolphinmickey9170
12-30-2007, 03:17 PM
My I suggest Chef Mickey's for your DS. I know it isn't at the parks, but you can get to the Contemporary via the monorail from MK or Epcot.

At AK - we love the Flame Tree BBQ, great CS meals with a lot of food. You won't leave this meal hungry for sure.

At DHS - we love the Sci-Fi Dine In, they have great food and the atmosphere is fun. There's nothing like sitting in your car watching a drive in movie (so to speak) and stuffing your face.

At MK - we love Crystal Palace, The Plaza Restaurant, Cosmic Ray's and Peco's Bills

At Epcot - we love LeCellier!!

mjesq
12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
I don't have much to add BUT I noticed that we will probably be at the Wilderness lodge at the same time! We arrive on the 30th for 8 d/ 7n with dd (7) and ds(4) :mickey:

Our ADRs are all set (this is our first trip -and I'm a little obsessed :blush: )and have been since October... What I've learned from this board helped A LOT, though! WE have ressies at many of the above listed restaurants (LA Cellier, Crystal Palace, Tonys, Mama Melrose).

Good luck and maybe we'll bump into you in the lobby!:magic:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Magic Kingdom-For Counter Service try Cosmic Ray's or for TS Liberty Tree or Crystal Palace...

Animal Kingdom-Consider going to AK Lodge for dinner at Boma's...Flame Tree is supposed to be good for CS>

MGM/Hollywood-50s Prime Time

Epcot-SSooo many good choices...LeCellier is good but may be difficult for reservations...for backup try Biergarten or Marakesh....Cantina San Angel for CS or Yorkshire Fish and Chips

Cinderelley
01-01-2008, 08:33 PM
At MK, we really like Pecos Bills for lunch and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner.
At DHS, we usually eat at Starring Rolls for lunch and Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic Dinner Package.
At Epcot, we have a late breakfast at the Princess Storybook Breakfast and "snack around the world" throughout the day.
At AK, we used to eat at Tusker House for lunch. I don't know what we'll do now . I would suggest going to Boma's at Animal Kingdom Lodge or O'hana's at the Polynesian. Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge is good too.

elmjimmlm
01-02-2008, 07:38 PM
You have to go to Earl of Sandwich at DTD...Dont be fooled by the long line when you get there...service is really fast and the food is great...Epcot has Sunshine Seasons in The Land Pavillion and there are so many things to choose from...something for everyone...Even if you have the time, most resorts with ts meals dont need reservations...

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Here are a list of our favorites:

Table Service

MK:
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Cinderella's Royal Table (great view and unique theming)

Epcot:
San Angel Inn
Le Cellier
Nine Dragons

Hollywood Studios:
Mama Melrose's

Resort dining:
1900 Park Fare
California Grill
Concourse Steakhouse
'Ohana
Whispering Canyon
Hoop-Dee-Doo Review

Have a great trip!!! Let us know where you end up dining.

azcavalier
01-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Wow....I agree with most everyone on here. We've been four times, and have eaten at almost every single TS restaurant in Epcot. Here's what we like at the different parks:

MK:
TS - Liberty Tree Tavern
CS - Columbia Harbor House (great ham sandwiches) and Cosmic Ray's.

AK:
CS - Flame Tree BBQ and Tusker House (but this has changed, I believe).

DS/MGM:
TS - 50's Prime Time Cafe (Hilarious, and good comfort food)
CS - Toy Story Pizza Planet

EPCOT:
TS - Coral Reef (Hands down the best one we've tried at EPCOT) And the 8 year old will love it.
CS - Anything in the World Showcase. Literally. Japan, Mexico are my favorites.

We did like Le Cellier, but didn't think that it was any better than any other steak house. The only World Showcase TS restaurant that we haven't tried is the one in the Mexican pavillion. My DW is from the southwest, and is *very* picky about mexican food, and just doesn't think it's going to cut it, so she has no interest.

We also liked Chef Mickey's for breakfast.