PDA

View Full Version : Dining Near Old Key West Resort

BeccaO
12-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Ok, I am searching for a good Table Service Restaurant in close proximity to Old Key West Resort. Maybe at the resort or a close resort or some place near. Here is the story, My husband and I and our 2 kids will be at Disney the same time as my parents. I also have 2 more sisters and their families that decided to come the same week and suprise my parents. My Dad turns 70 during the week that we are there and we thought it would be cool to suprise him. Its also possible that my nephew will be making the trip, he is a Dr. in the Air Force and right now he is stationed in United Arab Emirates and will be coming home anyday, hopefully he suprises all of us in Disney!!!!

Anyhow, back to the question at hand, my 2nd sister will be arriving late in the afternoon on Sunday Jan 13th and we wanted to find a place for dinner where she can suprise my Dad (my Mom knows of all the plans) and we were thinking since she is staying at Old Key West we could find somewhere that would be easy for her to get to. Any ideas????

Piglet822
12-28-2007, 02:57 PM
I would say Olivia's right there at OKW. I've never eaten there myself but I've heard many good reviews.
You could also look into some of the dining places at DD. I've heard mixed review about Fulton's but there's also the House of Blues, Wolfgang Puck, Bongo's and a couple of others I'm sure I'm forgetting. Check out this link from info central - that should help you out as well.

Downtown Disney (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/downtowndisney/default.asp)

Taja
12-28-2007, 03:00 PM
We lunched at the Turf Bar & Grill at Saratoga Springs in October, 2006. Food and service were excellent--and away from the noise of the parks! :thumbsup:

They have a somewhat limited menu (dinner is a bit more extensive than lunch, but not a lot), so you might want to check the menu on this site and (other sites)--just in case one is updated more than the other--and decide if you want to include it on your list of possibilities.

You sister could take the ferry from OKW to SSR.

pox24
12-28-2007, 04:05 PM
This is perfect. Quiet, convenient, good food, priced reasonable. Great place for a surprise.:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
12-28-2007, 09:22 PM
1) Take the boat to Downtown Disney.
2) You have a lot of choices for eateries.
3) Olivia's used to be outstanding.
4) But, with DDP, they have dumbed-down the menu.