PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian?!?!?!

mickey&missy
12-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Oh my! I just changed our ressies to the Grand Floridian! I got a letter in the mail saying the pool at the Poly will be closed for refurb during our visit. The "leisure pool" is still open. But, the volcano pool is closed! That kinda stinks. We were looking forward to swimming. So, we talked it over and are now staying at the Grand Floridian!! It was hard to decide between WL and GF, we loved WL. But, MIL said to go for GF! So we're going high class ;)

Can you tell me anything I should know?! We have three rooms, garden view. The trip is me, DH, DD turning 7 on the trip, DS5, and DS 9 months in one room, MIL and FIL in another, SIL and her DH in the other.

We're excited to stay at GF but have no idea what to expect!

jillluvsdisney
12-27-2007, 06:57 PM
I have never stayed there but always seem to spend a lot of time just hanging out there. That's probably why we are thinking of booking there on our next trip.

We have never felt uncomfortable or out of place. Every cast memeber has always been very nice and pleasant. We've eaten at 1900 Park Faire and GF Cafe. We love having tea in the Tea Room also. There is a small band that play on the balcony outside Minzers. They play Disney songs. I love that. At night, there is also a piano player at the grand piano in the lobby. Love that too. I remember watching a man dance with his daughter who was dressed up like Tinkerbell. Her feet were on top of his. It was so sweet.

The resort amenities and room size are on par with the Poly. I think you'll like it and can't wait to hear about your trip.

SBETigg
12-27-2007, 07:06 PM
It's our favorite resort! I love jumping between the hot tub and courtyard pool, but my kids love the pool with the slide and waterfall. It's elegant, but relaxed and comfortable. We also love the lobby, great shops (like Basin) and we're always comfortable dressed down or up. Great restaurants, like GF Cafe or Narcoossee's.

Gasparilla Grill and Games is 24 hour quick service, just like Captain Cook's at the Poly, and the marina is a great place to view fireworks, as well as the beach and boat dock, and courtyard pool (you can see the fireworks right from the pool). The bus stop is more efficient than the Poly's with plenty of bench seating. To the MK, it's easiest to monorail over and boat back. It's a little longer to the Epcot monorail without the easy walk to the TTC (monorail over and transfer) but still easy. I hope you love it!

seeyarlsn
12-27-2007, 08:05 PM
You are going to LOVE the GF! We stay at least once a year and we can't get enough! A piece of advice that I always give people is to take the monorail to MK and the boat back to GF. You will be the first stop doing it this way!

BeccaO
12-27-2007, 08:12 PM
My only piece of advice is that be prepared to love it so much you will never want to stay anywhere else!!! That is what happened to us and the rest is history!!! We are going back 2 weeks from today for 10 days and we can not wait!!!!:mickey: