PDA

View Full Version : Sugestions for Pre-Marathon Dinning

Disney_Barbie
12-27-2007, 04:08 PM
DH is running the Marathon in a couple of weeks, and I'm trying to work out dinning plans, reservations, ect.
Anyway, I'm @ a loss for any good ideas for eating the nt before the Marathon. There is a past dinner @ WW of sports, but first I think I heard it was sold out already and second I would hope for something a bit more convenient.
We're staying @ WL and probably going to be going to Magic Kingdom that day, so I was imagining we'd just grab something at either one of those in the very early evening (we must be in bed super early since he has to be in Epcot by 4am that morning). But looking over the menus, none of the options have really any pasta (Tony's Town Square is closed then) I know they can do special requests and stuff, but since no pasta is available on the menu, I'm not sure if we could special request pasta.
Ideally, he likes to have pasta w/ no sauce or toppings or anything, maybe just a tiny bit of butter. We're trying to avoid buffetts, because really to pay $27 for just pasta seems a bit silly along with the problem that most of those pastas are coated in Alfredo or garlic or what not (this he espeically has to avoid) so what to do?
Ideally, I'd like some where that we don't have to go too far out of our way from MK or WL and that we don't have to pay upwards of $30+ for what will end up to be a bowl of dry pasta. But, really, I'll take any sugestions I can get - THANKS!

DizneyRox
12-27-2007, 06:18 PM
DH is running the Marathon in a couple of weeks, and I'm trying to work out dinning plans, reservations, ect.
Anyway, I'm @ a loss for any good ideas for eating the nt before the Marathon. There is a past dinner @ WW of sports, but first I think I heard it was sold out already and second I would hope for something a bit more convenient.
We're staying @ WL and probably going to be going to Magic Kingdom that day, so I was imagining we'd just grab something at either one of those in the very early evening (we must be in bed super early since he has to be in Epcot by 4am that morning). But looking over the menus, none of the options have really any pasta (Tony's Town Square is closed then) I know they can do special requests and stuff, but since no pasta is available on the menu, I'm not sure if we could special request pasta.
Ideally, he likes to have pasta w/ no sauce or toppings or anything, maybe just a tiny bit of butter. We're trying to avoid buffetts, because really to pay $27 for just pasta seems a bit silly along with the problem that most of those pastas are coated in Alfredo or garlic or what not (this he espeically has to avoid) so what to do?
Ideally, I'd like some where that we don't have to go too far out of our way from MK or WL and that we don't have to pay upwards of $30+ for what will end up to be a bowl of dry pasta. But, really, I'll take any sugestions I can get - THANKS!
I think the old Pinocchio Village House restaurant now serves italian food, you might want to check the menu. Any place that has it would surely be able to do it without sauce. I haven't been there, but you might want to check out the menu. It's still counter service, so it will certainly be a cheaper meal.

wildernesslady
12-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Call the lodge. In the past, the quick service restaurants have offered a spaghetti dinner the night before. I would call to verify. Also, Wispering Canyon did have one pasta dish on the menu. I'm not sure if they still offer it though. We will be at the lodge for the marathon also. Maybe we can get together to support our runners.

Disney_Barbie
12-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Call the lodge. In the past, the quick service restaurants have offered a spaghetti dinner the night before. I would call to verify. Also, Wispering Canyon did have one pasta dish on the menu. I'm not sure if they still offer it though. We will be at the lodge for the marathon also. Maybe we can get together to support our runners.

Ooo, good plan! Too funny that you too will be @ the Lodge, who's your runner?

A Big Kid
12-28-2007, 10:21 AM
If you are looking for a place that specializes in pasta and you dont have ADR's yet, you might be out of luck. Off property might be an option.