PDA

View Full Version : DeVine at AK

kbwatzka
12-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Hello everybody -

When I last visited AK a couple of years ago, my family just happened to run into DeVIne - a lady who was on stilts, dressed to blend into her forest surroundings. She really engaged my kids. I would love for them to see her again. Does anyone know if she has a schedule or a particular area where we are more likely to see her?

Thanks - we'll be leaving for Disney World next Tuesday and we are so excited!

Kelly

madi47
12-27-2007, 08:47 AM
De Vine doesn't have a schedule. It kind of being at the right spot at the right time. I always run into her every trip. I think maybe she is out more now.

BeccaO
12-27-2007, 09:15 AM
We leave 2 weeks from today and I was wondering the same thing!!! We love her and hope to see her every trip. I agree that its not really a planned thing, she comes out whenever and if you happen to be in the right spot at the right time, you luck out!!!!! I hope we get to see her, she's beautiful!!!!!

Figment!
12-27-2007, 09:18 AM
From Hidden Treasures & Magical Surprises (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp)
DiVine
You’re not seeing things, that ivy in Asia really is moving. It’s nothing to be alarmed about though, it’s just DiVine, your friendly animated foliage. DiVine typically performs 45 minute sets every hour on the hour from 10:00 am through 1:00 pm.

Check with Guest Relations the day-of for assistance in locating her that day.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-27-2007, 07:53 PM
We stopped and asked a CM in September when DeVine would be out and she had the info with her. I believe it was every hour at that time. I know we saw her at 1pm....my pics are time stamped of her.

We had never seen her before. I learned about her on Intercot and my kids were thrilled!! :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
12-28-2007, 11:43 AM
We saw DeVine for the first time during our trip last week. We just happened to see her, we weren't looking for her. It was a little after 10:00 we were leaving the safari and were headed toward EE. She was on that pathway. She was really neat to watch.

Tink#64
12-28-2007, 09:04 PM
We saw DeVine for the first time during our trip last week. We just happened to see her, we weren't looking for her. It was a little after 10:00 we were leaving the safari and were headed toward EE. She was on that pathway. She was really neat to watch.

:ditto:

This was our exact experience! She was so cool! :cool:

WDWdriver
12-29-2007, 11:50 AM
DiVine performs daily at 10, 11, 12 and 1 o'clock. She can be found on the pathway between Africa and Asia near the area where guests can play the African drums. She enters and exits through the gate behind the Tamu Tamu ice cream shop.

drosenbe
12-30-2007, 01:08 PM
FYI, all performers have schedules, you just have to know how to find the schedule. There's a web site that has most of the streetmosphere performers schedules.

It appears as if many cast members are not aware of that. We went several times to the Adventurer's Club at PI, and the cast members at the door kept insisting that the shows 'just happened', when in fact they are listed, with show times, on plaques in the main hall.

Devine, by the way, is great!! Well worth your time to search her out (if you can find her in the foliage!!:secret: