PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite part of planning?

Not2Loud
12-26-2007, 10:51 PM
I was thinking tonight about how much I love planning trips to WDW. What is your favorite part of the planning?

I love picking out the resort to stay at as well as finding great deals on airline tickets.

Mickey 101
12-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Before I read your answer, I was thinking similarly. I love finding deals, whether its through Melissa at Magical Journeys for our resort (she's great to work with!!), good airfare or a lower price on our rental car.......it always makes me excited because that's that much more money to spend at WDW! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
12-27-2007, 06:24 AM
My favorite part of planning is spending the time watching it all work out!! It's a lot of hard work, which a lot of people don't realize. I like to book everything way ahead, plan out which park and when according to the calendar posted on the WDW website. I have to match up dining with EMH or come as close as possible as I don't want to have to bounce from one place to another too much. You lose a lot of precious time that way. Although I did do that once this past trip. Started at Epcot, dinner at 1900 Park Fare, back to Epcot, then back to MK for EMH. It was funny, but at least there were no busses involved, that makes bouncing easier.

kaylamag
12-27-2007, 08:46 AM
My favorite part of planning is picking out a resort. I love to go on the websites and look at all of the resort pictures. Even when we thought about staying off property we enjoyed looking at the all star vacation homes!

#1donaldfan
12-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Our favorite part of planning is settling on a date, knowing it's "now" etched in stone and digging in and making all the ADR's and such....

kakn7294
12-27-2007, 10:31 AM
I love it all! I like choosing a date, picking a resort, putting together the "schedule" and ADR's, finding the airline ticket deals... you name it! Much of the planning is done as a family - we all have input into the resort and ADR's.

wedway fan
12-27-2007, 12:17 PM
we always drive to the world, so my favorite thing is planning the trip down. not that the route changes at all, but i like deciding where we'll stop, where we'll spend the night, and what time we'll arrive at WDW. then, based on our arrival time, i like thinking just what we'll do when we get there.

98 days (17 weeks) from right this moment, we'll be rolling out of the driveway on our way!

poeticeclipse
12-28-2007, 02:38 PM
The hunt for the perfect deal!

I also love organizing my day plans. I like matching up what day to go to each park and what ADR's I need to fit into each day. So fun!

MMouse6937
12-28-2007, 05:45 PM
My favorite part is the dining. I'm a very food based person and I love going through the menus, planning the ADRs, looking online at pictures of the places, etc. I like getting all the details down and finding something unusual or yummy that someone in the party will enjoy. :marg:

minnie-mouse
01-02-2008, 11:59 AM
My favorite part is seeing it all come together and having DH thank me on our trip for all my hard as we certainly watch it pay off.

SBETigg
01-02-2008, 12:06 PM
The most exciting part for me is to narrow down the dining schedule to fit with the park schedule and decide how that's all going to work out with park hours and shows, then make the ADRs. Making the ADRs is the highlight of my planning stage. After that, I'm eager to get going and there's not much to be done.

Dream'nDisney
01-02-2008, 01:40 PM
I too love looking at all the resort pictures. I also love reading trip reports and others' planning ideas here on Intercot. Now that it is 2008, I can actually say we are going "next year" now instead of "two years" Woo Hoo! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-03-2008, 01:08 PM
1. Choosing ADRS
2. Choosing Resort
3. Choosing where to go on what day

BeccaO
01-03-2008, 03:38 PM
I like going shopping for new clothes and getting a pedicure, I also enjoy getting warm weather essentials together to take along when its like 20 degrees here. I also like planning all the dining ressies and just talking about all the "stuff" we will do!!!!! Thats the best!!!!

Cinderelley
01-06-2008, 03:40 AM
Planning something special for each person and imagining how much they'll enjoy. I booked LTT for our last trip because Sharon loves Chip & Dale. I also booked CP since Amy loves Eeyore. The look on their faces was priceless.

Moments like this (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2795085660100927225jVvURy) make it all worthwhile.

LCPZA
01-06-2008, 01:59 PM
My favorite part is everthing about planning it.
It all starts with 1 call to DVC and putting my dates down. Then its setting up my rental car rate and looking for the best airfare deal I can find. Then finally its the long awaited countdown.(well I really dont think this should be a favorite part-so strike that)

Tink#64
01-07-2008, 11:53 PM
All of it! :cloud9:

I always get a new Unoffical Guide to look though, even though I know whats new from Intercot! I enjoy doing this!

I love - once I've bought the airline tix - I know we're going!

I love planning each day in each park & making adr's!

Planning is the next best thing to being there! :tink:

DisneyDudet
01-08-2008, 12:15 AM
My favorite is when you get to plan your last minute or out of the blue trip! You know.. like when you are just doing your regular Intercot postings.. helping others out.. when a family member says.. "Hey, lets take a trip this summer!" You're like YES! Then you start planning and YOU are the one asking the questions.

Thats my favorite part!

elmjimmlm
01-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Intercot countdown clock
Disney planning video
Travel Channel Disney shows
Intercot
Talking to AAA agent
Discussing with family because we all go together (brother and family)
Daydreaming
Past trip pictures
Looking at restaurant pictures on Intercot (did earlier today)
ADRs
I know that there is so much more...

Belle619
01-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I actually love calling to make the reservations for the resort and meals. It is such a good feeling knowing that the trip is all set and we're definitely going. :cloud9:

Also, I love how nice they are when you call and how they give out the conformations with Disney words (i.e. T as in Tinkerbell, P as in princess, etc.) :mickey:

jszczur5
01-12-2008, 05:53 PM
I like checking the calendar for EMH's and then planning which parks for which days. Once I have evaluated the hours of operation, and considered typical crowds for each park on a given day, I then go ahead and book our ADR's for the entire trip. By the time I am done, I have scheduled at least half of our mornings/afternoons, all of our evenings (based on ADR's), and I leave a few days open to just wing it.
For me, planning is the best part.

PrincessCandaceMarie
01-15-2008, 01:09 PM
My favorite part of planning is when I'm at WDW and I'm already planning to go back! I'm still there...haven't even left yet or checked out yet and I'm like "I'm going to do this next time, or stay here and there" LOL:mickey:

Bethis26fan
01-15-2008, 01:43 PM
I like it all, just knowing I'm going back. I just love to watch it all fall into place. :)

Disneyatic
01-15-2008, 05:25 PM
My favorite part is when the park calendars are finally released for the month we are going.
Then I can plan which parks on which days and arrange our ADRs. Doing this makes the trip finally feel attainable!

linedropper
01-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I would have to say my favorite part was selecting the dining, Kind of got a kick out of reading all the dining reviews and making my decision off others peoples experiences. Also really glad I found this site, Great Site!
:mickey:

RoosMomKanga
01-15-2008, 06:24 PM
:ditto: "I just love to watch it all fall into place." Me too!

The best part for me isn't finding the deal (although that's worth a momentary :party:), it's finding new magical moments to plan and watching them happen...it's when you feel like all the planning was worth it!:thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
01-16-2008, 06:40 AM
I love the 2-3 weeks before the trip. Just knowing that it's coming. I feel like I can put up with anything at work. I also like to buy the little things that we take with us, like soap, or tissues. I love the waiting:thumbsup: