PDA

View Full Version : Can I use tickets I buy now anytime?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
12-26-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm thinking of purchasing tickets through a corporate program here at work. I can get a 4 day MYW ticket with 3 free days included at a great price. My family is not going back to WDW until summer of 2009. It says these tickets expire 14 days after first use (obviously I'm not thinking of opting for the non-expiring tickets). Does that mean I could buy the tickets now and not use them until July of 2009? Are there any restrictions on when they first have to be used? Thanks for any advice!

Wendy

DizneyRox
12-26-2007, 06:37 PM
You need to check with them. Severly iscounted tickets often come with restrictions.

If they are tied to some convention, etc they may not be good for years, quite possibly only around the dates of the convention.

It's possible they are real live tickets the company is subsidizing in some way. It's best to check with them.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
12-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the advice. I know the tickets aren't tied to any conventions or anything. The offer is through the alumni association at the University where I went to school. I have actually wondered about this even before now. I mean, tickets prices do seem to go up a bit each year. If you KNEW you were going on a trip 2 years from now, why not buy the tickets early at the lower price and use them when you go? I think I'll try to get ahold of someone at Disney and see what they have to say.

MOJoe
12-27-2007, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=If you KNEW you were going on a trip 2 years from now, why not buy the tickets early at the lower price and use them when you go? [/QUOTE]

Many people do. :mickey:

King Triton
12-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Normally, I'd say that the tickets would be good anytime, if they were MYW tickets you purchased directly from Disney.

But, because you're getting them thru your company, I'm not sure if they're exactly the same. You should check with the rep at your company and find out if they have an expiration.

DizNee143
12-27-2007, 01:52 PM
buy them!!
cuz im sure theyll go up like another 20 bucks before you get back to disney...
i know i would buy them now if i had the money..
who knew tickets would get to such a ridiculous amount..we all should of bought tons of them like 10 years ago!! lol

DizneyRox
12-27-2007, 02:07 PM
buy them!!
cuz im sure theyll go up like another 20 bucks before you get back to disney...
i know i would buy them now if i had the money..
who knew tickets would get to such a ridiculous amount..we all should of bought tons of them like 10 years ago!! lol

You didn't? I buy tickets as money allows, even if there's no trip planned. I know we'll use them. The ticket increases easily surpass any money I'd get in a savings account, even many investment options.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-27-2007, 10:48 PM
My BIL can get discounted tickets through his job. It was 4 days with 3 days free. They did not have any restrictions. They don't start your countdown until you use it the first time. I'd buy them now if I were you.

King Triton
12-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Its sounding like these corporate tickets are normal MYW tickets. In that case, there certainly isn't any harm in buying them. The only downside I can think of is that you wouldn't be able to participate in a package like free dining, if offered, since buying your tickets is required as part of the package. Of course, you could continue to save your pre-bought tickets for another trip.

Also, don't get fooled too much by the enticement of a buy 4 days, get 3 free that was in the last post. While that sounds like a huge deal or discount, its actually worth only $7 per ticket. Last I looked, a 4 day MYW park hopper was $257 before taxes and a 7 day MYW PH was $264. But, $7 is $7...and it is still a discount.