PDA

View Full Version : February Visit appears full

731disney
12-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I am interested in staying at the Poly the first or second week of Feb. However when I try to book online or call for reservations, the poly is full. Also the GF was book for that week. I was there 2 years ago and the poly was mostly empty and the parks were all great because of the low attenance. I was wondering if anyone knows if the park is super busy this February 2008 or if there is some other problem with getting a room. If things are that busy I was thinking about getting a room at another resort on property. I really would like to go the first or second week of February, but not if it is very busy.
Thanks

jwildflower1981
12-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Mardi Gras is Feb. 5th this year, that may be why it's so busy. People from La. usually go then to get out of New Orleans. Good luck and have a GREAT trip!!!

karenrarintogo
12-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Pop Century is completely booked the weekend of Feb. 9-11 at least. Sounds busy, busy. I think there is a national cheerleading competition that weekend, but I highly doubt they are staying anywhere but at the value resorts.
We'll be there no matter what! :mickey:

karenrarintogo
12-26-2007, 07:30 PM
By the way, :welcome: to Intercot!
I see this is your 1st post.

karenrarintogo
12-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Actually, :welcome: to
BOTH previous posters!

JPL
12-26-2007, 08:02 PM
First off

:welcome: to Intercot!!

Some schools actually have a winter break in February which could also be causing the limited availability.

threeh
12-27-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm going Feb 2-11 and here's a theory I heard that I am sticking with. It's not that they are "sold Out" it's just they only open a certian number of rooms, so it's not actually going to be packed in the parks etc, they just don't have as much staff so not as many rooms available. I've seen other threads where the posters all say what a wonderful time of year it is and how uncrowded. I also have friends that booked last week and they were told the honeymoon suite was available, would that be an option for you??
Have you tried using magical journeys?? They can check for you like every day to see if any rooms open.
Good luck and happy planning!!!:mickey:

DisneyFan1979
12-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Some schools actually have a winter break in February which could also be causing the limited availability.

Northeast schools have the week of the President's Day holiday off (the week of 2/18).

I know that some people may be avoiding AKL due to the Vacation Club construction there. Maybe that's making other places busier.

Additionally, I've heard that in the non-summer months the more expensive hotels tend to fill up first (the idea that those who travel in the winter tend to be those who can afford to take 2 vacations a year - a summer and winter vacation - and therefore may be more likely to stay in deluxes and moderates than the values).