PDA

View Full Version : Stroll through FW

ibrowse17
12-26-2007, 02:00 PM
DW and I took a nice walk through parts of FW this past weekend, and I must say I was amazed by two things. The first was the amount of Christmas decorations put up in the sites. I have seen this done many times, but this year it seemd like a lot more. It was just great to see all the time and effort that the campers had put into their decorations:thumbsup:
The second thing that I was surprised by was the amount of undergrowth they had cut back. Sites that had been secluded from the main road were now in plain site. I know they have to cut it back from time to time, but it was shocking to see how much had been cut back. All in all, it was a nice visit to FW:mickey:

medic9016
12-26-2007, 03:59 PM
There was alot of heavy equipment working during our trip last Sept. I was glad to see the damaged trees from the hurricanes a couple of years ago, being cleaned up.

We are planning a trip next Christmas. We can't wait to see all the decorations. I saw the show on the Travel Channel the other day. I was really surprised at the extent of the decorations.

SoaringEpcot
12-27-2007, 01:14 PM
We were there two weeks ago and it was a ton of decorations. We rode around looking at them. One site near us in the 1600 loop probably had 30 or 40 Christmas themed blow ups. You could tell that many were setup for a very extended stay.

LONESTAR
12-29-2007, 12:30 AM
When we were there around turkey day, :turkey: this year they sent out fliers asking people to decorate because the travel channel was coming to tape the holiday special.

TinaAndGlenn
01-06-2008, 11:14 AM
We just got back yesturday. The Christmas site decorations were fabulous! We were also surprised at all the bushes, etc removed from the sites. They are not private anymore! I assumed they removed these because of fire issues. It did not affect our vacation at all, but we were not in one of those sites near the rode.

Big Kahuna
01-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Actually they are removing Kudzu or potato vines which are an invasive species to the campground. Supposedly after the removal, they will replant the areas with natural plants that should florish. ;)