PDA

View Full Version : Pirate and Princess Party with younger kids

wedway fan
12-26-2007, 10:45 AM
we're thinking about doing the P&P in april- i know the boys (8 and 6) would love it, and i think my daughter (3) would enjoy it too.

i'm a little gunshy though because of the late hours of the event. for those who've attended with kids of similar ages before- do you think you got your $$ worth? i don't see my kids making it much past 9:30-10pm without wearing down, and i don't want to waste the whole next day keeping them out all night.

do you think 2+ hours of the party is enough to justify the cost?

ginger19
12-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Here's what I would suggest if you really want to go.
The P&P tickets will get you into the park starting at 4pm according to the CM I spoke with on the phone. I wouldn't buy park tickets for that day. I would have a low key day at your resort or maybe do a little morning shopping at Downtown Disney. I would nap your 3yo in the afternoon and then head to the park. You could probably get them to last until 9pm that way. With the minimal wait time for each ride, you can probably finish most of the main rides in under 3 hours.

madi47
12-27-2007, 08:59 AM
I was just there in August. In my opinion I didn't think it was worth it. My daughter is 6. I think trying it at least once though is fun. I thought the parade was fantastic(tinker bell is in it). :thumbsup:But I found it to be more crowded than it was during the day with the regular park hours. If you wanted to see Jack Sparrow and get his picture the line was 2 hours long. Even the rides were long waits. Maybe it was just because it was August. I suggested we try it again in January but the husband has no interest.:(

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-27-2007, 09:46 PM
We went in Sept 2007 with a 4 year old. He kept going right up until midnight. Once he found out the party was ending he crashed in his stroller on the way out of the park. He had a ball though. We danced, we sang, we rode tons of rides and we got lots of pirate booty. I think it was totally worth going. But if you can get the kids to nap in the afternoon, do it. That way they won't be exhausted for the party and hopefully not the next day either.

wedway fan
12-28-2007, 12:58 PM
thanks for the feedback- i realize this is kind of a personal thing depending on your own kids' habits and schedules, but every bit of advice helps!

mudpuppysmom
12-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Not that we have ever done this (for any of the parties we've attended), but I THINK this time we are not going to get a ticket for that day -- take it easy and do our shopping that day (the outlets and DTD, which we usually do one evening), we'll shop in the morning and then go back to SOG, rest, maybe swim for DS and just take it easy until around 3:30--then head over to MK to get in at 4 pm and take advantage of our P&PP tickets for that night and hope we all make it for a little while.......as we leave the next day and check out is at 11 am!

At least that is what I'm thinking.....as I've been dubbed "the pregnant lady who will slow us down" this trip.......

jensen
12-30-2007, 12:38 AM
We went last year in January with DS6 and DD4. It was tooooo COLD to be out with little kids that late at night. We were in layers with mittens and hats, but we still froze. It really made the party miserable. Plus, the lines for characters and photo ops were insane - Jack Sparrow took over and hour. I swear there were more people there for the party than were in the park during the day. The only saving grace was that rides were, literally, walk-on. We were the only family in our boat for pirates and there was an empty boat in front of us.

Disney Doll
12-30-2007, 08:38 AM
We did the Pirate and Princess Party in Feb with a 7 year old and we are planning to do the Halloween party next year with an infant. I know we won't get to stay as long with the baby, but we're still going. One of the best parts of the Pirate and Princess Party was the lack of crowds. You'd be amazed at what you can accomplish in a few hours without any lines. Our goal in Oct. is to make it until the first parade and fireworks show. The special parade and fireworks for the Pirate and Pirncess party are not to be missed.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
12-30-2007, 10:31 AM
I agree with what a lot of others have said: take it easy that day @ your resort, don't get a park ticket for the day, and head over around 4 (they will let you in starting @ 4 with a party ticket). Even if your little ones don't make it until midnight, you are still getting your money's worth for the 6 or so hours you will be there. We are staying @ Disney the 21st-25th and we have tickets to do the party on the 21st. My little one will be 3 on Jan 18th (yay for a week long birthday celebration!!!) and she did marvelous at MNSSHP on Nov 2nd. She is a night person though, and can stay up fairly late if she has had a decent nap. She prefers the night life really, as does mommy!

But yeah, just make it a resort/shopping day. Swim, get the little ones to take a good nap and you should be able to get your money's worth, especially if you don't spend money on a park ticket for the day.