PDA

View Full Version : Guess who got a DL trip for Christmas?

jrkcr
12-26-2007, 08:46 AM
WOW, my DH has never planned a trip to anywhere, EVER!!
So you can imagine my surprise at getting a DL trip package for Christmas!! He had gone to aaa and has a complete week long trip planned- Paradise Pier, 5 day tickets...even arranged for DD15 to have a week off of work, and had a certificate for our 2 cats to go to the local vets Kitty Kondo for that week!
I was so shocked that I cried! :santa3:
11 more days!!!! :joy:

Goofeygal
12-26-2007, 09:47 AM
What a great christmas present. Have a great time.:mickey:

jodijo
12-26-2007, 10:10 AM
That is Amazing! I would cry too if my husband did that for me. Enjoy your tip!

disneymom15
12-26-2007, 10:15 AM
What a nice surprise. Enjoy your trip.

Crystal Palace
12-26-2007, 11:41 AM
:coaster:Yay for you!!! You'll enjoy it. I grew up going to Disneyland, and they have some special and orginal things that WDW doesn't have. I'm sure you'll have tons of fun!!

ChipnDaleGal
12-26-2007, 12:00 PM
That is the best Christmas gift ever!! Your hubby sounds like a keeper! :thumbsup: Hope you all have a great time. :mickey:

tinkwest
12-26-2007, 12:28 PM
WOW is right! What a fantastic gift. The little planned out details really show that he is as excited to go as you are. Have a great time!

vizsla
12-26-2007, 12:54 PM
WOW! What a great X-mas present. Have a great time and a safe trip.

NotaGeek
12-26-2007, 01:11 PM
What a wonderful present! Be sure and post a trip report so we can see how the trip went! :santa:

dolphinmickey9170
12-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Have a great safe trip and we expect a trip report upon your return. We were watching the christmas day parade and my DH says he wants to try out DL one of these times. I almost fell off the couch.:blush:

Marilyn Michetti
12-26-2007, 03:09 PM
DITTO !!

We just got home from our first DLR trip two weeks ago today, and it was terrific ! DH wasn't as impressed with it - he's wanting to go back to WDW, but DL is only six hours away, and a long week-end would be so easy.

(I was just getting ready to finish my trip report, when I saw your post).:mickey:

Not2Loud
12-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Have FUN!

Melanie
12-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow, very nice! And it's so soon. Enjoy! :balloon:

mrsgaribaldi
12-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Awesome!!! Have a great trip:thumbsup:

jrkcr
12-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks. I am already in disney mode...I started making my list about 5am on Dec 26th. :write:

So much to do-packing for 5, buying new walking shoes, finding out the weather for California in January, planning meals, mapquesting how to get there....I LOVE the planning and list making!! :yay:

tinkwest
12-28-2007, 11:13 AM
..... finding out the weather for California in January,.....

Bring warm clothes! It was so cold at DLR yesterday. Wore my sweatshirt and gloves all day and still shivered during a good part of the day. But then again, I also saw families in the pool (heated, of course) at the GCH. So, be prepared for anything and plan on having several layers as an option. :freeze:

jrkcr
12-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks everyone! I will plan to bring clothes for ALL seasons. My Sequoia will be packed to the gills!
I bought DD13 a rain coat yesterday, as she has already said she is NOT going to wear a mickey poncho again. She obviously has no idea what "cool" really looks like! :cool: And we'll already be wearing/bringing serious winter clothes, as we are coming across the Sierras and Yosemite Nat'l Park area. Brrrr! (yes, I have snow tires already on, and chains just in case)
But I am hopeful that next week will be sunny and warm and exactly what people think of as southern California weather!
:sun:

Diznee4Me
12-31-2007, 12:19 PM
I agree with the above post - your husband is a keeper!

Y'all have a great trip - wish we were going. I guess we will have to wait until you get back to SC to plan our next trip.

By the way, where are my crabcakes/birthday cake/birthday present? If you have time to be on Intercot/go to DL - you have time to make my crabcakes!

:D

MegaDisney
12-31-2007, 09:50 PM
How wonderful!!!

Have a fantastic trip and be sure to report back and let us know how your trip went!!!

AbeeNormal
01-02-2008, 12:28 AM
What a great DH. :thumbsup:

Make sure you don't miss the Indiana Jones Ride - they don't have it at WDW and it's fantastic.:mickey:

Have a wonderful time - I can't wait to hear all about it. :D

:newyear: