PDA

View Full Version : Front Row of ToT

Gator
12-25-2007, 02:40 PM
I've probably been on the Tower of Terror 8 or 9 times in the past, but only once did I get to sit in the front row. I thought it was the best experience of all the times I've been on it. Does anyone else have the same bad luck I have? I'm almost always in the back row. There must be a better way to get to the front.

BronxTigger
12-25-2007, 03:16 PM
When the CM is assigning you a seat, ask if you can be in the front row. You may have to wait for the next elevator. If it's busy you might not be able to, but often times you can just ask and they will put you there.

grumpyguy
12-25-2007, 04:41 PM
we always wait as many turns as it takes to sit in the front row.i've only sat in the front,i love the pre-drop effect scenes as much as the ride
so i think the front row gives the best view:thumbsup:tot rocks!!!

dizneeat
12-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Just ask for it!
We love to sit front row at EE and always ask. You might have to wait for the next ride, but that's it. Never did anyone say no.

Volunteer
12-25-2007, 05:26 PM
agreed, it cant hurt to ask. I'm the same way with Soarin, I rode the third row one time - hated seeing the feet as it cuts off your view. Now I always ask for front row. It's worth the extra few minutes waiting for the show, IMHO. :mickey:

disneymom15
12-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Yes, just ask. I myself don't care for ToT, but we ask quite often on many other rides. Rockin rollercoaster we like the front best, Big thunder mountain we like the back best. Most CM's will fill your request, on occasion we'll get a grumpy one who says no.

Belle_0717
12-26-2007, 08:03 AM
I never thought I'd say it but I like the front row the best on ToT.

With a Dream Fastpass in October we were seated in the front row. The four of us were freaking out but it was the smoothest and we did not fly out of our seats like we had in the past.

Am I and my DH the only ones who miss the bar??

Figgyluv03
12-26-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm a front row junky for roller coasters, but my favorite seat of all times on ToT is actually the dead center seat in the back row! I love it!

dolphinmickey9170
12-26-2007, 11:57 AM
We prefer the front as well. As you will notice in your picture at the end, the folks who raise their hands tend to cover the faces of those behind them. So if you plan on purchasing the picture from your ride experience, be sure to sit in the front. Just ask. The CM, will be glad to hold you aside while others board the elevator until they can seat you in the front.

I never thought I'd say it but I like the front row the best on ToT.

Am I and my DH the only ones who miss the bar??

You are not the only ones who miss the bar. I like the effect of "flying off the seat" much better with the bar. You do not get the same feeling with a seat belt.

#1donaldfan
12-26-2007, 12:03 PM
If you and I are there at the same time, I'll trade you with no problem.......of course it doesn't matter, front, middle, back....I'm still a chicken.......that's the only ride that bothers me.....

SignguyTom
12-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Going against the flow here, but I like the back row the best. I get a kick out of watching the lanyards, necklaces, hair, hats on the people in front of me floating during the drops. I relax my arms and let them float too. Also, there is nobody behind you to blow your eardrums out by screaming. :thumbsup:

I would, however, ask for the front if I were planning on buying the souvenir picture. :photo: The folks in the back get blocked out a little. :crowd:

Mr. Incredible
12-26-2007, 11:27 PM
DS8 learned an endearing little trick last June re. sitting on the front row...
He flashed the CM one of his charming looks and said "I'm dying to sit on the front row." :D ;)

Magic Smiles
12-26-2007, 11:49 PM
We are a family of three and almost always get the front row.

laprana
12-28-2007, 04:22 PM
I've been on TOT probably 6-7 times and have been in the very back row every time! I'm not complaining though...I love TOT, but I'm terrified of heights. When the doors open to look out over the park, I always shut my eyes tight and don't open them till we're dropping again! I think I would have a heart attack when those doors opened if I was in the very front row!:blush:

pink
12-28-2007, 05:58 PM
I wish I had your problem haha. The first time I ever went on TOT a few years ago I was terrified and they gave me a seat right in the front! (at the time I didn't know you could request a different seat) However, now I know that the front row is the best. :mickey:

DrWorm2008
12-29-2007, 10:24 PM
Going against the flow here, but I like the back row the best. I get a kick out of watching the lanyards, necklaces, hair, hats on the people in front of me floating during the drops. I relax my arms and let them float too. Also, there is nobody behind you to blow your eardrums out by screaming. :thumbsup:

I would, however, ask for the front if I were planning on buying the souvenir picture. :photo: The folks in the back get blocked out a little. :crowd:

I gotta agree. That is always fun. And if you're dead-center, the picture is great, too! :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
12-30-2007, 10:49 AM
All you have to do is ask the CM to sit in the front row.

Polynesian Dweller
12-30-2007, 12:43 PM
We like the front also, but then we like the ride wherever where are seated. Just a great ride and different seats give us different perspectives. In the back row, you get the best idea of the forces at work as you can see hair, lanyards etc. rise up. Cool effect you can't see in the front.:mickey:

Meghan
12-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Hhmmm... I've never noticed a difference in sensation being in the front row on ToT. The view is of course better. But if you prefer the front you can ask for it, and usually get it.

ChrisF
12-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Love TOT. One time I had one of those hats that you can fold and it pops back into shape. I took it off and tucked it under the bar thinking it was secure. When the ride was over a gentleman in the back row announced "Who lost their hat?":blush: I was really surprised it was mine. I guess he caught it in flight.:thumbsup:

disneydeb
01-01-2008, 06:51 PM
We almost always sit in the front. I thought it was just because of my height or lack of it.:blush:

animalkingdomguy
01-08-2008, 08:11 AM
I love the preshow and the special effects in the pre-drop elevator part. That is why I ride TOT. I do not like the dropping. In the load area I ask for a third row seat each time. I can't imagine having a front row seat.

Disneymom4ever
01-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Wow, I have just the opposite luck. I've been on it about 6-7 times, and EVERY time I get put in the front. I think I would like the back better, I guess I would just feel more protected with everyone around me somehow. I always say never again (don't like the dropping feeling), but my DS's beg me every time. I always say "It's just a ride, I'll be fine"......:( Ugh!!

KAJUNKING
01-08-2008, 03:20 PM
we never ask but always seem to get the front row, just lucky i guess:mickey: