PDA

View Full Version : Finding Nemo ride at Epcot.

kbean
12-25-2007, 11:01 AM
I have yet been on the new Finding Nemo ride and was wondering what's like. I never hear anybody on here talk about it whether if its a negative or positive response.

AvonleaCF
12-25-2007, 11:10 AM
It's cute. Very, very tame. Probably the tamest ride in all of Disney. A very simple ride, but it's cute. You're clam-mobile glides past scenes from Finding Nemo, where all the characters are trying find him, as he swims by. At the end they all sing together.

There's really not much to it. Oh and the queue is dark and nice.

Kairi_7378
12-25-2007, 11:18 AM
It is cute (AvonleaCF's review is right on) but don't wait more than 20 minutes to see it.

Eeyore Phan
12-25-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm a 24 year old guy and I think it's pretty neat (To give you some perspective :mickey:).

The theming was very good (especially in the queue) and the interaction with the real-life aquarium is worth seeing in and of itself. Do yourself a favor and check it out at least once!

DisneyTwirler13!
12-25-2007, 01:05 PM
I think it's really cool how they show Nemo and Dory and Marlin in the aquarium with the rest of the fish!
I like the ride. You should definetly check it out.

JPL
12-25-2007, 01:15 PM
The queue is worth a walk through definately one of the better WDI efforts :thumbsup: The ride is really nice and refreshing with some very cool effects :mickey: And this is coming from someone who is still not entirely sold on Nemo in Future World ;)

DisneyGiant
12-25-2007, 01:58 PM
It is cute (AvonleaCF's review is right on) but don't wait more than 20 minutes to see it.

Ditto - we ended up waiting 40 minutes - and it was too much time for a very tired 6 year old to wait! :D

grumpyguy
12-25-2007, 04:46 PM
not sure if this 100% accurate,but i just seen the xmas day parade from wdw and dl.it looks as if in wdw you ride in a clam mobile and in dl you ride in a submarine like the old 20k leagues
under the sea.it looks neat,hopefully we'll see it in september!!!

The Bookseller
12-25-2007, 11:57 PM
It is a nice ride. Not the immersive rides like M:S but something smooth like the defunct "Horizons".

DDuck66
12-26-2007, 02:17 PM
We have been on the attraction several times and we always enjoy it. It is unbelievable how they can mix in the real sealife and the animation. IMHO it is geared towards the younger (under 10) crowd, but my DW loves it!!!

IloveDisney71
12-26-2007, 03:42 PM
We rode it for the first time last week. It was really cute. The youngest person in our group was 17 and the oldest was in her 60's. We all liked it. We didn't have much of a wait at all, we walked right thru the line and up to the ride vehicle in about 5 minutes. It's neat how they include the animated characters with the real fish.
The ride vehicle reminds me of the HM, it is constantly moving and you sit in a clam shell instead of a doom buggy.

poeticeclipse
12-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Coming from another person who thinks that Nemo is an odd fit for Future World, it's a cute attraction. Tame but exciting. Gotta love when you see Crush (I won't give away the details). And even more fun when the ride breaks down and you hear Crush talking for 15 minutes straight!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
12-27-2007, 11:20 AM
My eight year old enjoys it OK. My three year old rode it like 7 times in a row with mom during EEMH while my oldest and I went to soarin'. Needless to say 3 year olds love it.

azcavalier
12-27-2007, 11:35 AM
We've hit it several times. Here's our thoughts:

1. Loooong queue area, but themed very nice. I can imagine that on a hot summer day, it would be a nice place to get out of the heat.

2. Fast loading, which is always a plus. Loads (and rides) just like The Haunted Mansion. The clam-mobiles are almost identical to the Doom Buggies.

3. The ride itself is *very* tame. Relaxing, almost.

4. The EAC part of the ride is cool, but could possible make you motion sick.

5. Towards the end, they project the characters into a real fish tank, which is just a dang neat effect. Once of the cooler effects on any ride, if you ask me.

6. Listen closely to what Peach (the starfish) is saying as the ride is coming to an end. Funny stuff. And Peach herself is a great special effect.

DrWorm2008
12-29-2007, 10:49 PM
It was interesting, and I can see how it will definitely appeal to younger people. I loved the old Epcot CENTER, and I was fascinated by the straight up science that Future World used to showcase, even as a kid. It really was what got me interested in Environmental Sciences and my current study courses. I'm not sure I completely like how they have "dumbed down" the science in recent years.

RedheadWriter
12-30-2007, 01:46 AM
I agree Tim. :mickey: :D

FlaTinkRAMESAM
12-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Every time I tell my DD2 we are going to Disney, she always asks to ride Nemo. She loves it, and it is very relaxing and calm.

The end is the best with the animated characters projected into the aquarium... and def listen to what Peach says... hilarious.

Ms.Disney
12-30-2007, 11:05 AM
The queue area is worth waiting in line for. It is my favorite queue in all of Epcot. The ride is great for the whole family. It's nothing "thrilling" but mellow and relaxing. Its neat to see Nemo and friends swimming with real fish. I am 22 and my DH is 25 and we both enjoy it :mickey: You must ride it at least once.:party:

TheMartellFamily
12-30-2007, 12:06 PM
It is a very cute ride. Not very long but very cute. It is one of my favorites for my 4 year old. It was so cute when he was telling my 3 y/o neice who has not been on it all about it and telling her that he will ride it with her. Ride it once and see. If you like the movie you will ike the ride. Tame yeah, but a great ride no less.