PDA

View Full Version : Why am I the only one awake on Christmas morning????

Here we go again...
12-25-2007, 09:40 AM
I think I am going to have to DRAG my family out of bed!

I am ready to open presents and they are sleeping!!!

I want my Mickey earrings! :D
My DD has never been good at being sneaky... I know there is a pair under that tree.

I can't get them up!

BronxTigger
12-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Perhaps you could turn on Silent Night at a high volume?

Here we go again...
12-25-2007, 09:50 AM
LOL...
or the Josh Groben CD that my DD says hurts her ears. :D

SBETigg
12-25-2007, 10:26 AM
I had the opposite problem. My kids are teens but they're still up at six a.m. on Christmas morning, whilst I would be perfectly happy to sleep late (but never do).

Caroleh
12-25-2007, 11:09 AM
I've been up since 5am. I've done my laundry, a little cleaning and now playing a game on my computer...Christmas is done and over with here. Why have I been up? Because I can't sleep.

Kairi_7378
12-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Drag them out of bed!!! Play the opening song for the Magic Kingdom!!!

My husband woke me up at 5:40 AM to open presents! I hope that when we have kids they will take after me and sleep to the late time of 7.

kakn7294
12-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Go steal all their covers Angel! Either that or just open everybody's presents and tell them that you couldn't wait any longer and wanted to see what they got! That'll teach them! Merry Christmas!

ElenitaB
12-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Gee, DS woke up on the early side (around 7:30), checked out his presents (and realized that Santa didn't get him everything on the list he only wrote on the evening of the 23rd :rolleyes:) and went back to bed where he STILL is. :alarm:

NP... more time for me to relax and prepare for the inevitable conversation about the man in red.

conorsmom2000
12-25-2007, 04:00 PM
That's funny Angel! Conor couldn't wait to get to bed last night, because, of course, that was the only way to rush morning coming!

Mike and I set the alarm for 6:30, figuring that's when he'd get up. Well, Mike actually got up a little after 6, went out and got coffee, came home, went back to bed, I got up, puttered (is that a word?) around the house a bit, then we finally both woke Conor up at 7:15!!! We would have let him sleep but we had to leave for my Dad's at 10:30.

So, we all opened presents and of course, started playing with the Wii right away! (My arm already hurts! :blush: ). When we were at my Dad's, Conor walked up to me at one point and all he could say was "I got so much cool stuff today. I'm a lucky boy!"

I love Christmas through a 7 year olds eyes! :D

Now we're back home, back playing the Wii, and trying to ignore the fact that 16 people are about to descend upon my house! :confused: :mickey:

Hope everyone is having a great day!

BronxTigger
12-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Drag them out of bed!!! Play the opening song for the Magic Kingdom!!!

Good Morning, Good MORning!

I got up, puttered (is that a word?)

It better be. We use it all the time at my house!

So, Angel, is everyone awake yet?

DisneyOtaku
12-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Try having your younger, 18 year old sister wake you up at THREE A.M. to go look at the presents under the tree and open up stockings :shake:

I did get to go back to bed then sleep til 7 once that was finished, though...

Here we go again...
12-25-2007, 09:10 PM
They finally did get up... and yes, my Mickey earrings were under the tree! :cloud9:
I also got a spa day.... massage, manicure, pedicure and facial. Life is good.

I hope you all got what you wanted today!!

TikiGoddess
12-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah, we didn't have any trouble getting up this morning. DD4 was up at 5am. We gave her a full stocking and told her to go open it up in her room. I got up at 6 to find my hubby downstairs riding the stationary bike and searching for something other than "A Christmas Story" to watch on tv. DD3 (finally) got up at 6:15.

It's now almost 10pm. Today we opened presents at our house, packed up, drove 2.5 hrs to my parents house, visited for 3 hrs, then drove 1.5 hrs to my brothers house. Got the giggling children to bed and now we're watching Ratatouille. I'm ready for bed but my bed is the couch and there's three people sitting on it...

But it was a good day. I love seeing my family AND hubby surprised me with a new ipod. I thought he was going to give me a nano (2 gb) but he ended up giving me an 80 gb classic!!! WOW. Guess I need to get him something really nice for his birthday next week... :blush:

Hope you all had a good one!!
Kathy

tinksmom02
12-25-2007, 10:24 PM
DD5 slept til 8am, which would have been great, except I was up til 2, 'watching for Santa'. Six hours is not a whole night's sleep for me, it's nap!

But we had a nice day. Completely forgot to watch the Disney parade, we were so wrapped up in presents and "A Christmas Story!"

Last night with my inlaws, morning here, afternoon at my mom's...sheesh, we're beat. And I haven't stopped eating all day and I'm starving! :blush:

Good day, though...got my GPS, my Clocky alarm clock, and Mom bought us a Roomba. I'm tech-savvy LOL

SgtTigger
12-25-2007, 10:54 PM
:plot: sounds to me like someone really wanted some earrings.....

Dont get on Taylor..... she was just waiting on her dad to wake up......

:cop: :tigger:

animalkingdomguy
01-11-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm the only family member who attend Midnight Mass at the local Catholic Church. By the time I get home and in bed it's almost 2:30. It's a small miricle I can function when my kids wake up at 6:30.