PDA

View Full Version : Pirate and Princess Party Question

DisneyFan1979
12-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Do a lot of people wear costumes for the Pirate and Princess Party? Including adults? We'll be meeting relatives who will not be on the rest of the trip with us for the party and I was thinking of making some fun hats to wear for our group of adults and kids to surprise them. Would the adults feel out of place wearing a pirate or princess hat?

Does anyone have any advice on any must-sees for the party? We've never attended any of the MK parties before. We're going to the one on Saturday, Feb. 9th.

Also, do they sell any pirate or princess-themed mouse ears in MK?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

magicman
12-24-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm not scheduled to attend the P&P Party until January, so I can't answer whether or not costumes are worn by Guests, but I can tell you that pirate mouse ears ARE sold (my daughter bought some). Also, really cool Pirate Mickey plushes can be purchased.

BronxTigger
12-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Yes, I went to 2 P&P Parties in August. Lots of people wore costumes. You should be comfortable either with a costume or in regular clothes. Just go and have fun!

And yes, they sell themed Mickey ears in the parks.

SBETigg
12-24-2007, 11:17 AM
To agree with previous posters, you will be comfortable in or out of costume. There's a good mix of both, and plenty of adults dressing up to have fun with it, too.

There are lots of photo opportunities, with characters or you can sit in Cinderella's pumpkin coach for pictures. Our favorite thing was the low lines for rides, but a lot of people got into the treasure hunt aspect, too. There's a parade unique to the event. The fireworks are amazing, special for the occasion and truly magnificent. Enjoy!

OhGee
12-24-2007, 11:29 AM
On my last family trip in August, I brought down with me pirate bandanas, hats, and glow necklaces so everyone, even my parents, could get into the festivities. Before the party the adults were a little reluctant, but leave it to the Disney Magic and they were all wearing at least one pirate item. :pirate: LOL It poured buckets that night but we still had a great time! I'll be going again in February and can't wait for the P&P party!
Enjoy and have lots of fun!

mouseketeer mom
12-24-2007, 11:35 AM
The gift shop outside of the Pirate ride sells Pirate everything! So, one could go as simple as a pirate shirt, or add some ears with an attached pirate bandana, anything goes. There was a good mix of both dressed up kids and adults. Anything goes really. We all wore POTC shirts, my DH had an eye patch, my girls Mickey ears with the long bandanas. Get a great viewing spot for the fireworks in front of the castle. They are a MUST DO!

playdead88
12-24-2007, 11:56 AM
yes mickey pirate ears with an earing in one ear! too cute - my dd got one in pink! have a great time :mickey:

tinklover
12-24-2007, 11:57 AM
we were ther in May and even though we did not go to the P&P party we got ears i have a pair of pink ears with a tiara and a veil in the back and my DBF got mickey ears with a praite bandana and a gold hoop in the ear too cute have fun at the party.

Disney Diva 71
12-24-2007, 12:12 PM
My Cousin got married not far from WDW (last January) so of course we had to stop and play while we were close to the magic. We did attend the P&P Party and it was amazing! People do dress up and there is plenty of gear and ears around to suite your fancy. One thing we did do that I will never forget was we ate in the castle right before 6 o'clock and while we were sitting there, Wishes began! It was so magical being in the castle while all the action was going on outside. Really cool! See if you can get in.:thumbsup:

pixieprelude
12-24-2007, 12:20 PM
You should dress up; More adults were dressed up than were not. you are going to have a blast. My mom and I went twice in August and it was awesome. Make sure you see the fireworks at the P&P party they are the best!

comicguy
12-24-2007, 03:28 PM
We went to one of P&P parties in Aug. My teenager went dressed as a pirate. We saw many adults dressed in Pirate and Princess stuff. Eventhough it poured buckets that night we still had a blast. Lots to see and do regardless of the weather. It really seemed we could be comfortable either dressed as regular guests or costumed.

bouncer
12-25-2007, 12:02 AM
We just received our tickets in the mail today for the Feb 9th P&P party! Meet ya there!!!:pirate: AAARRRGGGHH

kakn7294
12-25-2007, 12:42 AM
When we went in August, DD7 wore a Princess Jasmine wedding gown, DD12 wore a pirate costume inspired by Jack Sparrow. I wore a Little Mermaid tiara purchased from Toys R Us. DH didn't dress up at all. There were some adults dressed up, and some not - there were even some who really went all out. There were also many kids dressed up but some not. By the end of the evening, DD7 had torn her dress and ended up in shorts and a Jasmine t-shirt with her crown. Whatever you decide to do as far as dressing up will fit right in.

DisneyFan1979
12-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Thank you all so much for your responses! :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-28-2007, 01:23 AM
I've got my pattern but I don't know if I'll have the time or money to make Aurora's dress...in BLUE! Hopefully, for the March parties but if not, I'll wear pirate garb again.

Cause it was blue in the entire movie, therefore, it's blue and not pink because it was never pink for more than a few seconds (and no, it wasn't pink in the final frame because they kept fighting over the color as the cover was closing).

Just like Cinderella's dress is silver, not blue.

MomPoppins
12-28-2007, 07:27 PM
I've got my pattern but I don't know if I'll have the time or money to make Aurora's dress...in BLUE! Hopefully, for the March parties but if not, I'll wear pirate garb again.

Cause it was blue in the entire movie, therefore, it's blue and not pink because it was never pink for more than a few seconds (and no, it wasn't pink in the final frame because they kept fighting over the color as the cover was closing).

Just like Cinderella's dress is silver, not blue.

:exactly:
Tried very hard to convince DD that Cindy's dress was silver, but at her insistance, had to make it in blue anyway. Am having the same argument with the Aurora dress she wants us to make for our upcoming trip. Looks like it's gonna be pink.

:offtopic:
SORRY!