PDA

View Full Version : Santa Tracker

Strmchsr
12-24-2007, 09:59 AM
For those of you with kids, or are kids at heart, go to NORAD's official Santa Tracker by clicking here (http://www.noradsanta.org/). This site will let the little ones follow Santa around the globe and know exactly when they need to be in bed. You can also follow Santa through the day and it'll have a geography lesson about his current location. :sleigh:

Merry Christmas!!! :santa:

conorsmom2000
12-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I was just coming to post about this!! :D We love tracking Santa every year! :santa2:

From the website, this is how NORAD got started tracking Santa - I love that though they must have been swamped with calls from children due to the misprint, they went right ahead and assumed the job of letting them know where Santa was!!
:deer::santa3:

For more than 50 years, NORAD and its predecessor, the Continental Air Defense Command (CONAD) have tracked Santa. The tradition began on Christmas Eve in 1955 after a Colorado Springs-based Sears Roebuck & Co. store advertisement for children to call Santa on a special "hotline" included an inadvertently misprinted telephone number. Instead of Santa, the phone number put kids through to the CONAD Commander-in-Chief's operations "hotline." The Director of Operations, Colonel Harry Shoup had his staff check radar data for any indication of Santa making his way south from the North Pole. Indeed there were signs of Santa and children who called were given an update on Santa's location. Thus, the tradition was born. In 1958, the governments of Canada and the United States created a bi-national air defense command for the North American continent called the North American Air Defense Command, known as NORAD. NORAD inherited the tradition of tracking Santa.

Conor has already asked if he can go back to bed so he can wake up and have it be Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all!!! And to all a good night!!

tinklover
12-24-2007, 11:50 AM
We track santa every year I go to the site every christmas eve when the girls wake up from their naps they love it and it helps with bed time too lol.

RedheadWriter
12-24-2007, 12:05 PM
I just heard about this on the radio! How cool even for us bigger kids!

tinksmom02
12-24-2007, 02:34 PM
How fun! Thanks for the heads-up!

Merry Christmas!

:santa3::tree::santa2::santa:

RedSoxFan
12-24-2007, 03:33 PM
DD has been tracking Santa since this morning!!:santa3::tree:

tinksmom02
12-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Uhhh...according to NORAD, Santa's already passed NJ...whoops...blame it on my sister-in-law for holding such a LATE Christmas Eve dinner!

Hopefully he'll backtrack later!

Good thing I didn't check it while Jenna was still up, she would have freaked out!

:santa3: