PDA

View Full Version : Today's the day! -Surprise and Pre-Trip

Jenemmy
12-24-2007, 08:54 AM
We have planned a trip to WDW for next month and haven't told the kids. We had decided that this would be their Christmas gift from us. Today is the day they find out and I simply can't wait to watch their faces.

They will be opening little suitcases on wheels. Inside one suitcase is a Disney brochure and inside the other is a planning DVD. Then we get to tell them that in a little over 2 weeks, we are going.

A secondary surprise that they will not know until the day we leave is that my parents are going as well. Grandpa's birthday will fall during our trip. A THIRD suprise is that a family who is really good friends to our family (and an Intercot lurker!!!) will be there too! We turned this thing into a Grand Gathering! We are all staying at POFQ -- a first for all of us. I should also add that I used MJ for the first time for this trip -- never thought I would turn the planning reigns over to someone else, but Debbie has become my newest hero!!!

I tell ya, I have been so busy planning this trip that I have almost forgotten half the things I need for Christmas! I have also come so dangerously close to slipping in front of the kids so many time that I am half afraid to even speak anymore!

We are going to be down there the week that falls between Marathon Weekend and MLK Weekend, so hopefully we will be avoiding the huge crowds on both ends of the week.

Just thought I would share :mickey:

disneymom15
12-24-2007, 09:24 AM
I hope the kids are really surprised. Have a great grand gathering.

Momof2boys
12-24-2007, 10:21 AM
What a great Christmas gift ! I'm sure they will be very surprised. :mickey:

Debbie at MJ is great :thumbsup:

RedheadWriter
12-24-2007, 12:21 PM
:sleigh: :santa3::snowman: Have a wonderful Christmas! What a surprise you are giving them!

artyboy
12-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Good for you!

I'm doing a similar thing, but my partner will be opening a box Christmas morning that contains his packed suitcase.

We leave the day after Christmas for a 4 night trip...I'm beyond excited!

...and I can't believe that I kept it a secret!

vizsla
12-24-2007, 02:29 PM
WOW! What a great surprise for them. Have a great time and a safe trip.

kristnjohn
12-24-2007, 03:16 PM
That is awesome, congrats on keeping it all a secret from them, it's going to great for you to watch their reaction!!!! How old are they?