PDA

View Full Version : Putting Things In Perspective

goofyskier
12-24-2007, 12:07 AM
I tell you it has been a rough week. Last Sunday as the wonderfull "Noreaster" was blowing through Buffalo; my significant other was in a car accident. She was not hurt but, there is about $4200.00 damage to one of our cars. I have rental coverage and while my car is in the shop I have the use of a PT Crusier and my GF has the second car.

Everyting is fine until Wednesday, when, someone got a little to close to the "second car" and ripped the passanger mirror off and did some minor damage to the passanger door. Not a big deal but, still what are the odds?

So, yesterday we go and see the stage version of "White Christmas" would'nt you know it though; I come out of the theater and someone hit the driver side door. I have yet to get an estimate on the repair but, to put this all in perspective. . .

Last night I recived a call from a co-worker telling me that a individual that I have worked with for 10 years took his own life. Needless to say, I was shocked. The individual seemed happy in and out of work. There were no signs of depression from him and everyone (including myself) is wondering why? Having delt with a suicide in my extended family before; I know that there will never be an answer to the "why" question for this persons family. Personally, I am upset that I did not notice something that may have helped change this persons mind. I am going to miss seeing his face.

So, in spite of all the material things that have happened to me this past week , I am happy that I will be able to celebrate the Christmas Holiday with my freinds and family. I will also be praying for the gentaman's family as they will come to grips with not having him around.

God Bless,
Jason

Terra
12-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Jason, I am so sorry that life threw several curveballs your way this week, but am thankful to see that you are making it through and have the higher goal in sight!
My prayers are with that family as well. How terribly sad. I've been there as well with a close close friend taking his own life.

I am very thankful as well that I will have Christmas with my family, child and DH....There is no greater gift than that aside from the meaning of Christmas to me!

God bless you and yours as well :)

tinklover
12-24-2007, 09:56 AM
I am so truly sorry that all this happened to you all at once. I am glad your significant other was not injured in the accident. Please know that there would have been nothing you could do for your co-worker. I am sorry for your loss and will keep you and his family in my prayers. God Bless and Happy Holidays from me and mine to you and yours . :santa3::santa::tree::newyear:

kakn7294
12-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Jason, I'm so sorry at all you have been through recently. I'll keep you in my prayers. Despite it all, I hope you can have a Merry Christmas. I'll wish you one anyway!

bleukarma
12-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Jason, I am so sorry it has been a rough week on you. I do hope you have a Merry Christmas!! :mickey:

Here we go again...
12-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Jason, I am sorry to hear about the problems you have been having...
But sometimes the good Lord has a way of reminding us what is important in our lives.

Things can be replaced or fixed. Remember to tell those you love how important they are to you... you never know when it will be your last chance.