PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations

momofprincess
12-23-2007, 06:53 PM
We'll be visiting Jan. 3 - Jan. 9 (woo-hoo!!!!)and I was wondering (like everyone else I'm sure!) what Christmas decorations might still be up. My husband is a retail manager, so vacations in November and December are out of the question for us! We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge and I think the decorations there will probably be gone, but I'm wondering, since the Osborne Family lights will be up until the 6th, might the castle still be covered in "ice"????? Is that effect just for the nightly Christmas party? I'm not clear on whether or not they're part of the nightly decorations now for everyone or just after the park closes to "regular" visitors (without the extra ticket). If anyone knows when the decorations at Downtown Disney and in the parks in general are taken down, and also what the story is on the icy castle, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks!

DisneyFan1979
12-24-2007, 11:03 AM
We were there last year from Jan. 1 to 8 and the decorations were still up everywhere (with the exception of the gingerbread and chocolate displays at the resorts). Some things started to be taken down towards the end of the trip.

While I can't say for sure, it's my experience that Disney's pretty uniform with their scheduling so if the Osborne Lights are up til 1/6, the castle will likely be decorated til then too.

angedeaile
12-24-2007, 01:49 PM
I too am going around that time in January and wanted to know about the castle decorations.

I contacted Disney a while back about it and their response was that they plan to "stay up until the first week in January."

Vague, I know. But you are going only three days into January, so I would say odds are pretty decent that they will still have the castle decorated when you go.