PDA

View Full Version : Room for 6?

beets
12-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Stayed at CBR in Dec 2005 with the four of us. Planning on going in Dec 2008 and are including two more this time, which makes six. We are considering staying at either the Boardwalk or the Beach Resort but don't know if the rooms are set-up to handle six people. Anyone have any ideas?

CleveSJM
12-23-2007, 09:14 AM
The Villas at the Boardwalk and Beach Club Villas are options, not the regular rooms though.

I'd recommend getting two rooms at any resort. The extra bathroom is worth the cost and having real beds for everyone is a big plus.

DebK
12-23-2007, 11:42 AM
You could try a cabin at Fort Wilderness or a family suite at the AS Music.

Buttercup
12-23-2007, 11:45 AM
I second the Fort Wilderness Cabins!:mickey:

Kidsmom
12-23-2007, 12:05 PM
We are a family of 6 and this August chose CBR, because we were told it is the ONLY WDW resort to garantee ajoining rooms. At any other resort you have to hope that they have adjoining.

We did join DVC because so this will no longer be an issue with the 2 bedroom villas.

Good Luck

TammiMcMan
12-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Here's a breakdown of all the rooms which will accomodate 6 guests:

Allstar Music family suite
Coronado Springs 1 bedroom suite
Coronado Springs executive suite
AKL 1 bedroom suite
Beach Club 2 bedroom suite
Boardwalk Inn deluxe club level room
Contemporary garden suite
GF 1 bedroom suite
WL deluxe club level room
Yacht Club suite
Fort Wilderness cabin
Any DVC 2 bedroom suite

magicofdisney
12-23-2007, 12:55 PM
We are a family of 6 and we always get two rooms at a value. Make sure you ask for connecting rooms. Adjoining rooms have outside doors right next to each other but no inside connecting doors. Because we live so close, we go ALL the time and have never had a problem getting the connecting rooms. Most everyone (including some CMs) will tell you that a guaranteed connection is not possible but we've never encountered that. At the All Stars there are two sets of connecting rooms on each side of each arm, of each floor, of each building. :mickey:

Kidsmom
12-23-2007, 01:36 PM
I stand corrected. We had "connected" rooms and CBR guarantees these at their hotel.

TammiMcMan
12-23-2007, 03:34 PM
I stand corrected. We had "connected" rooms and CBR guarantees these at their hotel.You can get resorts to note "guarantee" on the request for connecting rooms. This is not exclusive to the CBR. As noted by a previous poster, even though the terminology "guarantee" can be a bit sticky with Disney management, in most cases, they are able to fulfill this request without any problems.

gardenia
12-27-2007, 10:01 AM
I stand corrected. We had "connected" rooms and CBR guarantees these at their hotel.

Good luck with that. I was told my connecting rooms were guaranteed by CRO, but the management at CBR put me in NON-connecting rooms and said they were NEVER guaranteed. I had to waste about an hour of my time pressing the issue before we were moved to connecting rooms (even though they told me none were available). It was a horrible way to start a vacation.

wire0monkey
12-27-2007, 11:44 AM
We did two connecting rooms at Pop in September and it was great. Two bathrooms is much better than the single bathroom you get in a suite.

TammiMcMan
12-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Two bathrooms is much better than the single bathroom you get in a suite.Just want to clarify that a number of suites do come with more than 1 bathroom (including the Allstar Family suite, which has 2 bathrooms).

lulu'smom
12-30-2007, 02:18 PM
We are a family of 6 and this August chose CBR, because we were told it is the ONLY WDW resort to garantee ajoining rooms. At any other resort you have to hope that they have adjoining.

Good Luck

Who told you that CBR guarantees adjoining rooms? Because that is not true, no matter what is noted on your reservation. All Disney resorts do their best to give you your requests, but none of them are guaranteed, even adjoing rooms.

TammiMcMan
12-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Who told you that CBR guarantees adjoining rooms? Because that is not true, no matter what is noted on your reservation. All Disney resorts do their best to give you your requests, but none of them are guaranteed, even adjoing rooms.It could very easily have been a Disney CM who booked their vacation. Unfortunately, they are not always the most knowledgeable. I'm sure many of us have been told something by a CM, only to find out it wasn't correct. That's why places like INTERCOT are so popular :thumbsup:. We are fortunate to have experienced Magical Journey TA's who offer answers as well as some great members who can help planners.