PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of info....

dolphinmickey9170
12-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Just wanted to let you know of a few great meals we had last week! And, unfortunately, one my DH said he doesn't ever want again.

Day 1 - Garden Grill Dinner -- We had a hard time here as the characters didn't seem to want to visit with us. Pluto came by and scared Keara so he must have tipped off the others and they just went right by. The handler came by and asked us who had stopped by and made them come back. Mickey, Chip and Dale came back and we had some good fun. The food, however, was nothing my DH liked at all. Me, I like it, salad with ranch dressing, flank steak, cat fish, turkey with cranberries, au grautin potatoes, and mac and cheese, oh and biscuits and corn bread. It was truly an all you care to eat. I was stuffed, Ben only had two biscuits and piece of turkey. He's kinda fussy.

Day 2 - Mama Melrose's Lunch -- There were 15 of us, but it was great!! We all had caesar salad for an appetizer, Ben had the Chicken Parm - enjoyed it, Katy and I did not want any tomatoe saucey item, so we asked if the chef would make us the 4 cheese sauce they were putting on a shrimp dish today and put it on a plate of spaghetti with a grilled chicken breast! Viola! It was great. Then for dessert Ben had the sugar free lemon thingy (sorry I don't remember the name) he said it didn't taste sugarfree, Katy had the chocolate gelato and I had the Chocolate Truffle cake. Everything was great and Holly, our server was awesome. She was able to keep everything straight and kept us all happy! Kudos to Holly!

Day 3 - Cinderella's Breakfast -- This was great as always. We love this place. The service is superb and the food yummy. I just love the stuffed french toast. Of course, I had to ask for an extra piece. I even asked for a croissant to go for Keara for later. Keara had a good time with the princesses too. You'll see pix in my trip reports.

Day 3 - O'hana for dinner -- This food is good as always. I just don't do the shrimp, but the other people in our party said it was perfect. The chicken wings are to DIE for. Love them. The beef, turkey, pork and sausage was delicious. Cheesey potatoes and veggies were also very good. We weren't all that fond of the dipping sauces for the chips though. I just can't take the peanut sauce. The bread pudding dessert with vanilla sauce yummy! Carlos, our server was a little confused, maybe fairly new, but he did a good job. My one and only complaint was about the "entertainment." I'm not sure who this woman was, but she had a very hard time carrying her tune. It hurt my ears just listening --too sharp--too flat--too something but what she should have been. UGH!

Day 4 - 1900 Park Fare Dinner -- This was awesome. This is one of the best buffet meals I have ever had. The beef and chicken were tender and juicy. I tried chicken marsala, but it tasted too much like the wine, which I don't like. Good potatoes, salad, fruits. Everything was wonderful....great character interaction. Got some great photos, you'll see in my trip report. The server was good, she felt bad as she had asked if we wanted coffee, left the coffee cups, sugar and creamer and then never returned with the coffee. She brought it just in time for dessert, so it wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

Day 5 - We didn't do any TS meals today. We had the bounty platter for breakfast at our resort and then we had Cosmic Rays for dinner. Katy just had to have her BBQ pork sammie. Good as always. Ben and I had the club salad, delicious. It was full of meat and cheese, like a chef's salad.

Day 6 - We did Flame Tree for lunch. Very good food. Ben had the ribs, I had the half chicken with corn muffin and beans. I really like the beans, and Katy had another BBQ pork sammie. Check out my trip report for pix of our view from our table.

Day 6 - BOMA dinner - OMG! Sherri, thanks for all the info. Because of you, my DH found a meal he truly enjoyed. You ROCK!!!!! The spices they used were some of his favorite flavors. He even loved the zebra domes. Great food. Katy didn't eat much as she wasn't feeling good and it was late. We checked in early and asked to be seated early, but were lost in the shuffle and not seated until a few minutes after 930. The service was great too. We will surely be returning here. Thanks and Sherri!

Day 7 - Le Cellier Candlelight Package -- As always, it never dissapoints me to be here. The hospitality is the best. We approach the podium and Ben is all but carrying Katy as she is really not feeling well again. They run and get her a chair as the seating area is full and no one offered their seat, got her some water and gave Keara crayons and paper to keep her occupied while we attended to Katy. They even offered her food asking if her blood sugar was a problem. She declined, she just was feeling weak and yuckie from this cold/sinus whatever it is. Once we were seated they brought Katy a sample of the Beef and Barley soup to see if that would help. She liked it so much she got a bowl full for her appetizer. Ben had the Chicken Chipotle sausage with polenta which her really loved and I had my greens - caesar salad. The breadsticks were gone in a matter of minutes. Keara really enjoyed the multigrain one. All three of us ordered the 7oz filet with the best mashed potatoes you will find in all of WDW. Mine med-rare, Ben med-well, Katy med. All cooked to perfection and so tender it melted in our mouths. Service was great as well. Dessert was, of course, chocolate whiskey cake for me, Katy and Keara shared an ice cream sundea and Ben had the creme broulet. We love this place and it will always be a MUST for every trip. I am truly shocked that the CP package only counted as one TS credit. At 47.99 per person this was the most expensive meal. 180.00 for the three of us on the DP, a kids meal for Keara and one glowtini. But I was quite thankful.

I truly love the fact that I didn't have to worry about what we ordered and how much it cost as we used the DDP. Wondering, will I have enough money at the end of the vacation?!? You pay upfront at check in and never have to worry about it again. I will be using the DDP as long as I possibly can. We had wonderful service and actually left an extra tip for a couple of them who went above and beyond!!

ElenitaB
12-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks for sharing, Kristin! Sorry your Ben didn't like GG... my Ben loves it there.

I feel the same way about the DDP... it's nice to have things paid for upfront!

Jeff
12-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the reviews.
My family will be having Christmas Day dinner at Le Cellier for the Candlelight Processional - your description of the food was great. I'm hungry!

SgtTigger
12-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the review...........

I can taste the wings from Ohanas right now.......

:cop: :tigger:

Hair_Razor
12-23-2007, 03:17 PM
We love DDP as well! And Boma is also one of our favourite dinners at Disney. Can't wait we will be dining there in about 53 days, you know approximately. :D

pdrlkr
12-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the reviews! :smickey:

Here we go again...
12-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the reviews :thumbsup:
We love all of the restaurants you listed... except Mama Melrose. We did not have a very good experience their the first time we went. After reading your review maybe we shoulg give it another try.

Piglet822
12-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the reviews.
My family will be having Christmas Day dinner at Le Cellier for the Candlelight Processional - your description of the food was great. I'm hungry!

Totally off topic :)

We saw Gary Sinise speak at CP on Sunday, my first CP by the way. He was awesome. Enjoy, Jeff.

dolphinmickey9170
01-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the reviews.

So how was your dinner and how was the show? Do you have any pix?

disneyworld55925592
01-13-2008, 10:27 AM
sorry you didn't enjoy GG but i agree with you on Boma! We absolutly love it, everything about it. The atmosphere, food, and service is all excellent.

SBETigg
01-13-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm glad I caught this thread so I can say "you're welcome!" I'm so glad you enjoyed Boma.

dolphinmickey9170
01-13-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm glad I caught this thread so I can say "you're welcome!" I'm so glad you enjoyed Boma.
You are very welcome Sherri!! :thumbsup: