PDA

View Full Version : Airbourne products.....

Sunshine1010
12-22-2007, 02:08 AM
Can anyone give their reviews of the Airbourne products?

Do they REALLY work?..

Side effects?....

Tell me your stories....

Pipalotta
12-22-2007, 04:05 AM
I love airbourne and they really do work. I always get sick when I say in a hotel, but on our recent trip to Vegas everyday before we left I drank a glass and I never got sick. The only thing I dont like about it is drinking it. But Ill sometimes make it with flavored water and it tastes better.

DisneyDudet
12-22-2007, 08:44 AM
I work in a hospital, so I'm around germs more than a lot of people. Now, when I start feeling "off" I will load up on Airborne, about 2-3 times a day, and it usually goes away, not always, but I have only been sick maybe twice this past year. I also will drink it about 3 days before a Disney trip, and at least once a day while on the trip, to keep me from getting sick while there.

It isn't a substitute for habits that keep you healthy, but it is a very quick way to get a lot of immune defense.

I haven't had any problem with side effects at all. I know that the store brand versions don't taste as good, and some people aren't a big fan of the taste anyway, but the colder and smaller amount of water the better!

I actually recommend Airborne to family and friends!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Erm...I hate Airborne. It's absolutely disgusting and it doesn't work for me.

I prefer Zicam. But it works differently than Airborne - you let it dissolve in your mouth as opposed to drinking something with it (which can be bad). You can't eat or drink anything withing 15 minutes of taking it (before or after).

artyboy
12-22-2007, 12:07 PM
I do both Zicam and Airborn...

I live in a touristy city, and I'm always trying to ward off colds...It really seems to work.

threeh
12-22-2007, 12:18 PM
My kids got sick after our 2005 trip to wdw so I used airborne prior to 2006 trip and everyone stayed healthy. I had them drink one the night before and I think one on the plane. They make a kids version which is grape and i think the other flavor was grapefruit. I drank it too, wasn't too bad. I'll try it again this trip.
Happy planning:thumbsup:

ImagiAsh
12-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Airbourne tastes disgusting, however in my experience, it has helped. :)

JPL
12-22-2007, 04:54 PM
I always take airbourne before my winter Disney Trip I usually start about 5 days out so I don't catch anything before I leave. It usually works well:thumbsup:

But yes the taste is:sick:

What ever you do don't buy the nighttime airbourne that is really :sick::sick:

pixiesmimi
12-25-2007, 05:45 PM
I took Airborne twice a day (morning and night) this past trip because we all went home sick from the previous trip to WDW. I bought the Citrus one in the pouches to add to water bottles. The smaller amount of water you put it in, the better. I didn't like the first one but got used to it after that. We didn't get sick at all this time. I also started drinking it and orange juice three times a day when I started coming down with a cold and the cold only lasted a few days. It works! I used to use Zicam and HATE it. The Zinc in it makes my mouth pucker and leaves a bad aftertaste. I don't use it any more. I never could tell if it worked or not but can on the Airborne. I just wish they would come out with a better flavor. I had no side effects.:thumbsup:

Sunshine1010
12-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Is there a pill form?

DisneyDudet
12-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Is there a pill form?

Sorry, no pill form, that I've seen. The whole point of it is that it works fast, so pills won't really work. If you want pills, I would suggest just getting some Vitamin C pills in the vitamin section of your local drug store, and go that route.

But I swear by Airborne!

CleveSJM
12-26-2007, 01:43 PM
It's one of the few things that works for me and I recommend it to everyone coming down with a cold. I take a couple once I start to feel something coming on. Then I continue for a couple days. If I do get a cold it only lasts for a couple days and it doesn't grow into a bad cough.

It works.:thumbsup: