PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished rides ever open early?

karenrarintogo
12-21-2007, 10:12 PM
We are going the 1st to 2nd week in February and will likely miss 3 closed attractions by just a few days: Splash Mt. (reopening 2/15); Snow White (reopening 2/15) and Spaceship Earth (reopening 2/18) according to what I'm reading.
I'm wondering how often Disney is right on with reopenings or are they flexible in opening them earlier if the work is complete? :confused:

JPL
12-21-2007, 11:00 PM
SSE has already had a Soft opening and your chances of it being open are very good. As for most other attractions they rarely open early from a refurb if anything they often open later than scheduled.

DizneyRox
12-21-2007, 11:10 PM
I was going to say just the opposite. In my experience, Disney is very good about estimating refurb dates. I would expect them to finish pretty much on time, BUT they often have a testing phase, called soft openings, where they may be opened early.

SSE on the other hand might not make the original opening date I'm guessing. They are open now becuase Epcot needs the capacity during the holiday season. I fully expect it to close to the public in early January and undergo more changes. They can't possibly leave it the way it is...

WDWfanatic742
12-22-2007, 12:02 AM
SSE supposedly took down the refurb walls today and had a normal operating day today. Probably just for the holiday crowds and then they will be put back up to finish up the refurb.

JPL
12-22-2007, 01:33 PM
All sources indicate that SSE is done maybe a few minor tweaks left but for the most part it's complete and ready to go.

BrerEmma
12-25-2007, 09:46 AM
We are also going in that same time frame how would you know if they arre going to do a soft opening on Splash Mountain.:confused:

CaptainSad
12-25-2007, 05:49 PM
The walls will be going back up after the holiday's. They will continue doing soft openings up until February 18th.