PDA

View Full Version : From MGM to Epcot

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
12-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey everyone this is my first post so bare with me. What is the easiest way to travel between Epcot and MGM. I know they are close in proximity. Is walking an option? Or is Disney transportation a better option? It seems crazy to have to go to a resort then back to another park. We have been to WDW many times and I have still not found an easy way between parks. Thanks!

Polynesian Dweller
12-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Walking is definitely an option. There is a walkway the you can pickup from the exit sidewalk to the right as you exit and it runs along the edge of the waterway. It takes about 20 minutes or so to walk to Boardwalk and then the International gateway. Its really a nice quite walk with nice views along the way if you like that sort of thing. We think this is the best option.

By the way from the Boardwalk end the walkway starts at the end of Boardwalk near the Dancehall. Its marked at both ends and is paved all the way.

You can also take the boat from the dock on the left as you exit MGM but that can be a long wait after Fantasmic. We've never taken the bus from MGM so not sure whether that's a good option or not. Others who know the bus routing issues could comment on that better.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
12-21-2007, 03:49 PM
If taking the boat remember there are three stops before getting to the Epcot stop so it can take a long while at any time of day (almost 40 min.?).

Next time we're there, we're walking.

DizneyRox
12-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Walking is the best.

1. It's faster (unless you crawl)
2. It's great exercise
3. It builds character

kakn7294
12-21-2007, 07:08 PM
We prefer the walk too. The couple of times we've done it, we have beaten the boat - and that's with kids in tow.

BronxTigger
12-21-2007, 07:39 PM
The walk is nice. It's along the water, and then along the side of the Boardwalk resort. It takes about 30 minutes or so.

Some people do prefer the boat; but I'm not a huge fan of it. It goes slowly and makes multiple stops.

If you do choose to walk, make sure you are wearing sunblock and are carrying a little bit of water because the walkway has very little shade.

Here (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2527864760100449647sOgBOw)is a picture of part of the walk.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
12-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the input. It sounds like walking is the best option for speed. We have never even been down to the Boardwalk area. Every year it is on our agenda but it just never happens. Maybe this year We can kill two birds with one stone. Thanks everyone!

Goes4FastPass
12-26-2007, 04:47 PM
DIsney has a name for the character that walks from Epcot to MGM or vice-versa: Goofy:goofy:.

While MGM is truely a "half day park" Epcot is a :walk:walkity-walk-walk-walk-your-legs-off walkathon:medic: (then you walk some more):walk:.

The boat from one to the other is rest and relax because you're on vacation for Pete's (Dragon) sake:sail:.

DizneyRox
12-26-2007, 05:32 PM
DIsney has a name for the character that walks from Epcot to MGM or vice-versa: Goofy:goofy:.

While MGM is truely a "half day park" Epcot is a :walk:walkity-walk-walk-walk-your-legs-off walkathon:medic: (then you walk some more):walk:.

The boat from one to the other is rest and relax because you're on vacation for Pete's (Dragon) sake:sail:.
Some of us like to work off the Funnel Cakes I guess... :D

kushty
12-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Walking is most likely quicker than going back to the transportation center and getting a ride to EPCOT. If you are using a car then maybe it is quicker by car.

MOJoe
12-27-2007, 11:40 AM
If you are going from The Studios to Epcot, you could take the boat and get off at the first stop, which is the Swan & Dolphin. From there you can walk either past the Beach and Yacht Clubs, or The Boardwalk and my fave, the :beer: ESPN Club. There really isn't anything to see, walking from the Studios to the first stop, so you could use that time to relax. It may even save time, if you don't have to wait long for the boat. This way, you get to relax for a few minutes, and still see the resort area.
From the Swan & Dolphin, the boat criss-crosses the lake, going to the resorts, and eventually, EPCOT. This part of the boat ride seems to take the most time, and is totally skippable. It is much more fun to check out the resorts. So, my advice is to ride AND walk!

DizneyRox
12-27-2007, 01:10 PM
If you are going from The Studios to Epcot, you could take the boat and get off at the first stop, which is the Swan & Dolphin. ... It may even save time, if you don't have to wait long for the boat. This way, you get to relax for a few minutes, and still see the resort area. ...
It IS quicker, only if you walk directly on the boat and it goes with a minute or two. If there is any line, if the boat is still on it's way in, or if it has just left, walking is quicker.

disneyworld55925592
12-27-2007, 01:17 PM
i believe that walking is the best option because it gives you the chance to check out disneys boardwalk, as well as some of disney's deluxe resorts:thumbsup:

DisneyGiant
12-27-2007, 04:51 PM

I wholeheartedly agree!!! My poor legs are usually in agony from all the park walking - the boats are a nice respite - especially if you can sit out in the back and its not too buggy. An extremely enjoyable ride if you have the time!

As we tend to stay at the BW or BC - we seldom need to walk straight from MGM to Epcot - we stop at the ol' homestead before moving on!!!!

My legs hurt right now just thinking about that walk! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
12-27-2007, 08:16 PM
I would suggest the nice leisurely boat ride :boat:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-27-2007, 08:31 PM
I stayed at Boardwalk the 17th-19th with two friends of mine and we did that walk....and walked to Epcot and MGM at park opening and closing. All were a piece of cake. Even on the 17th after Fantasmic in the freezing cold!!

We only used the bus on our MK day. I have to say we really enjoyed the walking and it will be one of the reasons I stay at BWV with my family next trip.(Hopefully)

Not2Loud
12-27-2007, 10:31 PM
DW and I walked it this past October. We were staying at the BW, and just didn't feel like waiting around for the boat.

There are some great photo ops if you are into that as well!:yay:

Darin M
12-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I think I'll just ride a segway from one to the other... oh wait...Segway ban...guess I can't.

MinnieMommie
12-28-2007, 07:25 PM
When I am traveling from WS to MGM I always take the boat. I am able to relax during this time and enjoy the ride. Unless people are calculating in the time they might have to wait for the boat it has never taken any where near 40 minutes when I have been on the boat. :mickey:

:welcome: To Intercot!

Natazu
12-30-2007, 02:13 AM
Welcome to INTERCOT.

Jym
Knoxville, TN