PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used priceline for their hotel?

sleepingbooty
12-21-2007, 01:10 PM
If so, what did you end up with? I think their 'Disneyland area' is quite large, so you're certainly not guaranteed something right on Harbor Blvd. I'm just thinking it might be worth it, people on the biddingfortravel site have posted getting the Anaheim Hilton for around 50/night, as well as the Crowne Plaza, etc. Anyone here have any good luck with this method?

DD674
12-21-2007, 04:22 PM
I have used priceline for my last four stays in the Disneyland area. I have stayed at the Hilton & the Marriott by the convention center, and at the Hyatt. All have shuttle service to the parks. Hyatt was free & the others had a small charge. Priceline is best for 3 star & above hotels & there is usually an extra charge for parking if you have a car. Rooms are assured one bed for 2 people, but most locations try to meet requests. All my stays were for $60 per night or less. Hope this helps.

thrillme
12-21-2007, 04:28 PM
I used them once for a hotel in Austin Tx. It turned out wonderful. Just be certian of the area you are choosing.

I "personally" would be reluctant to use them for airlines because you could get some really rotten flight times.

sleepingbooty
12-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I think I may try it!

Cinderella_68
06-03-2008, 03:25 PM
We routinely have used Priceline for a 3* hotel in the Disneyland Area for years. We've stayed at Doubletree Hotel, the farthest one, but with a dedicated shuttle, the old Coast Hotel, which is now a Sheraton, Hyatt Regency, Anaheim Marriot, Anaheim Hilton and Crowne Plaza. We've never had a bad experience. Be aware that parking at some of these hotels can be as much as $13 in addition to your Priceline bid. Given that, though, I would not hesitate to use them again and again! We consistently save more than half of the least expensive rate I can find online! All hotels have a dedicated or shared shuttle, or are on the ART line.
After you bid, call the hotel directly with any requests you may have.
Happy bidding!

LandFan
06-12-2008, 11:00 AM
I haven't used Priceline, but I have used HotWire a couple of times -they were great! I used them for next week's trip and got the Hotel Ménage (half a block from DL) for $88 a night!