PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion - Quartet

BMan62
12-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I've been mulling this over since our visit and have looked on here for confirmation, but haven't found any -- The pre-rehab version of Haunted Mansion had a quartet of singing busts and the rehabbed version has a quintet (4 on their pedestals and the fifth laying beside a fallen pedestal.)

I know Thurl Ravenscroft and Walt are supposed to be two of the busts, but who are the others and why was the fifth added?

Forgive me if this is all old information and just didn't look in the right places.

AwPhooey
12-20-2007, 03:32 PM
The people whose faces are on the five singing busts are:

Thurl Ravenscroft
Chuck Schroeder
Bob Ebright
Jay Meyer
Verne Rowe

The bust with Thurl's face (I believe the cracked one) kind of looks like Walt, but it's not.

Edit:
I just noticed you're from York, PA. What part of the city are you from? My grandparents live there and my mother grew up there.

BMan62
12-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks!

PirateLover
12-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Yea, Walt isn't actually one of the singing busts. A lot of people (myself included) got confused because when they marketed the Eddie Murphy Haunted Mansion movie, they did use Walt's face on a bust. But he's not really in the ride.:mickey:

JPL
12-23-2007, 06:42 PM
The pre-rehab version of Haunted Mansion had a quartet of singing busts and the rehabbed version has a quintet (4 on their pedestals and the fifth laying beside a fallen pedestal.)

It was always 5 singing busts this wasn't changed during the rehab they were just cleaned up a little :thumbsup:

MonkeyBeast
12-26-2007, 04:53 AM
Yea, Walt isn't actually one of the singing busts. A lot of people (myself included) got confused because when they marketed the Eddie Murphy Haunted Mansion movie, they did use Walt's face on a bust. But he's not really in the ride.:mickey:

Walt was not used as one of the busts in the HM movie either, the were the faces of the barbershop quartet that Ravenscoft was a part of.
I think they wanted to use Walt's face but decided not to.